xplorer leaking ATF has no gears PLEASE HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

xplorer leaking ATF has no gears PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
City, State
Glen Allen/ Richmond Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Eddie Bauer
Went through about two inches of mud a couple weeks ago and somthing happened were i lost all my gears and park grinded while i shifted into it. basicly every gear i had was like neutral and did nothing but rev. towed it to a transmission place and they replaced: transmission transfer case and drive shaft thet connect the transfer case and transmission. got it back yesterday went through a little bit of mud again today prolly about two inches and same problem accured and i poured ATF into the transmission and it leaked all over the ground. IM PISSED!!!! anyone else have this problem. please help
thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

take it back where you had it fixed they ovbiously screwed something up

Definately sounds like they forgot to replace a seal or something.. Take it back and make them repair it & rent a vehicle for your personal use while the car is getting repaired.

My XP

Is my explorer not really ment to go off road? Cause it seems that way to me i just wanna hang with my buddys. They have XJ Jeeps Kinda confused. any imput plz reply

it can take a lot of abuse it seems that whatever broke was gonna break sooner or later and then they did not completly fixed it right

yah think

SO u think i will be fine after they fix it right cause im at the point of think about sellin it.

ya it should be good

2" of mud is nothing. ;) My 5R transmission has gone 120K miles through muck and race driving. If this thing isn't meant for off-roading or abuse, then my Explorer never heard it. :D

Back