XplorerKid's 2wd Beast | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XplorerKid's 2wd Beast

My name is Caleb, live in Florida, and Ive been through 3 rigs now, and i believe this is my nicest, the last one was more built up, but was built for offroading so on road it suffered. Not gunna go into a lot of details so heres what yall wanan see, the truck.

Specs:

Interior-
Kenwood 6x8s in all 4 doors
Kicker 15" L5 in 6cuft ported box
HiFonics 1500watt Amp
Pioneer Headunit
Painted Cupholders and Radio Surround
5% Limo Tint on all the windows

Drivetrain-
4.0L OHV
Auto Trans
4.88 Yukon gears

Front Lift-
3" Spindles, 3" TT, and 3" body

Rear Lift-
SOA and 3" Body

Tires are 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/Rs on some Polished 15x8" rims

Future mods:
Brush guard or Pre Runner Bumper
Tail Light Guards
Screens inside, and DVD player or game system that plays DVDs
Dual Exhuast with Flowmaster 40

PICS:
11574Picture_001_Small_.jpg

11574Picture_003_Small_.jpg

11574Picture_002_Small_.jpg

11574Picture_006_Small_.jpg

11574Picture_008_Small_.jpg

11574IM000591_Small_.jpg

Pic of the very minor trimming

11574Picture_011_Small_.jpg

Sorry last pic is blurry took it while driving ill get better tommorow

To read the thread that shows the during lift pics go here, the pics suck cause i was lazy and used my Cell Phone.

Here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it would have been alot dirtier if i had 15x10s i was flinging the mud, it just all went in the fenders......

Yea im bout to go wash the mud off and take the other side off prolly

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Wow. You're not even gonna drive it to school like that so people won't think it's a TOTAL street queen? :p Do you think I'll sling much mud with 37x12.50 Creepy Crawlers on 15x8s? Oh yeah, and full width axles :D

that's sick man

very nice truck man

that is a bad rig man

Some more pics..

Dont worry bout the ugly box, if i keep the truck much longer ima build a custom box with tan carpet or vynle prolly, dont want to build a box though and than turn around and have my truck sold, and the person not want the system..

Attachments

• Picture 020 (Small).jpg
    Picture 020 (Small).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 639
  • Picture 022 (Small).jpg
    Picture 022 (Small).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 787
  • Picture 024 (Small).jpg
    Picture 024 (Small).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 802

Gotta love 5% tint

and the custom painted interior

Attachments

• Picture 023 (Small).jpg
    Picture 023 (Small).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 605
  • Picture 026 (Small).jpg
    Picture 026 (Small).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 4,420

96limitedX said:
your selling it?? :confused:

Ooops did i let the cat out of the bag, its forsale, but unless i get what im asking, it wont be sold, if i sell it, i want to get a Tahoe and jack it up, or ima get a Camaro so i can go fast(just what i need :rolleyes: )

Good lord Caleb, you're a vehicle *****. Just get one and be satisfied with it! You just spent probably 2 grand or more on that thing!

j602 said:
Good lord Caleb, you're a vehicle *****. Just get one and be satisfied with it! You just spent probably 2 grand or more on that thing!

bought 1100 on the lift/gears and bout 1300$ on tires ;)

j602 said:
agreed.

plus, why would you want a chevy? Dude, that thing is sick! Keep it and show it off.

how much are you asking

Guys, don't worry...I've already b*tched at him about selling this thing. I doubt he'll really do it though. The main reason he was wanting to sell it is because it's 2wd obviously, and I guess he misses his Heep on 38s w/ locked rear and l/s front. The funny thing about all of this is that he bought this, because he wanted something "nice" w/ A/C, etc. Now that he has something "nice", he misses having the Heep where he would always have something to do with it (I guess stuff broke a lot so he had to do a lot of fixing? :p)

I don't remember the price he said he was asking, but it would probably be tough to sell a 2wd. In FL, the land of huge mud holes, where he has neighbor's with F250's on 49" IROKs, 2wd isn't really the best thing to have. If he does sell it though, I hope he actually gets something he wants (4x4) and keeps the damn thing. :D

ohh well if you change your mind my dad would like to sell his 98 4dr yukon 4x4, but i think he wants top dollar lol, well go thing you arent sellin it because you have one of the nicest 2nd gen 2wds!

Never knew how loud my system was, nor how cool a jacked up Explorer was till tonight, I let me friend drive it so i could drive his 'maro. Man that thing looked sweet rolling down the road... :D

Hell yeah. :cool: My buddy was pulling my jet ski out of the lake with my truck, and I realized the same thing. They look way more kickass when in motion!

So you're gonna keep it right? ;)

I like the work you put into that but don't like the wheels. Very skinny looking and top heavy rig. Go with 15x10's. Also, that much truck should be 4 wheel drive. Nice truck.

Back