YAAAAAAWWWWN! [lip smack], [lip smack].... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

YAAAAAAWWWWN! [lip smack], [lip smack]....

Yep, that's right! You know what that sound is? It's the sound of this sub-forum waking back up. That's what!!! ;) :thumbsup:

Depending on my military situation I hope to be knee deep into the Kenne Bell Explorer in about 6 months. Also planning on doing some form of FI for the 4.0 V6 Explorer Sport; probably going to be a ported Eaton M90 supercharger system on about 7-8 psi. I also plan to be doing more work to the TT G8 but that is not an Explorer so to hell with talking about that here! :p: I cannot wait to hopefully finally get back to living in my own home and building performance vehicles in my own garage! Maybe do a turbo system or two on some local Explorers if I can convince a few soccermoms that they will get better gas mileage with em.

So what are your upcoming future performance plans for your X's?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This forum asleep? Hell is was in hibernation-I just awoke. I tried to revive it by posting baseline dyno's and baseline track #'s with very little response. I won't delve into the specifics on the board but are we still on for our project when you get back?-j

You know it James, and I am looking forward to it. ;)

crx-supercharger1.jpg

:burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have woke it up a little. Or at least I'm posting more and getting a little motivation.

Heck, if my money tree was growing as fast as yours, I'd be making some noise too:D

If things work out, plan is for a CAI, UDP's and work the tune some more and try to hit 14's in the 1/4 this Fall. Planning on getting married soon, so gotta save for that big rock...

I'm glad to hear you'll be getting back to the KBX because we've chatted a few times about it and time was never on your side, but it soon may be!!!

Also, don't forget about Mounty03, he's got some stuff in the works. I'll let him post it up when he's ready;) It's going to be faaaaaaaaaast!!!

Edit: I thought that CRX looked familiar...

Also, don't forget about Mounty03, he's got some stuff in the works. I'll let him post it up when he's ready;) It's going to be faaaaaaaaaast!!!

He and I were discussing a few things with his combo a few weeks back. Once he does some of the things he mentioned that truck should get faster.

He and I were discussing a few things with his combo a few weeks back. Once he does some of the things he mentioned that truck should get faster.

Well, I'm looking forward to it;)

Also looking forward to how your KBX turns out, I can't WAIT to hear that SCREAMING 2.2!!!

Rob,

Give me a call when you get back into town.-j

Try to get a hold of BIRD on rangerpowersports.com as he recently admitted he has a brand new 4.0 paxton supercharger kit for the OHV just laying around.....might be willing to sell it!?!?!

This might wake it up a bit... Been thinking of buying the Paxton from bird but if this 4.0 turbo header I'm building turns out good then I'm sticking with turboing, using a holset H1C.. Better sound, More power, and ability to turn the boost up when I have some forged pistons. Anywho.. Progress on the header will be in my turbo thread.

05b60310.jpg

Try to get a hold of BIRD on rangerpowersports.com as he recently admitted he has a brand new 4.0 paxton supercharger kit for the OHV just laying around.....might be willing to sell it!?!?!

Thanks, PM sent to Bird. You never know. It might be a fit for me. I'd love to make it work!

No problem, Centrifigal or however you say it supercharged 4.0's are getting scarce on this forums.......

This might wake it up a bit... Been thinking of buying the Paxton from bird but if this 4.0 turbo header I'm building turns out good then I'm sticking with turboing, using a holset H1C.. Better sound, More power, and ability to turn the boost up when I have some forged pistons. Anywho.. Progress on the header will be in my turbo thread.

05b60310.jpg

Just make sure to use some heavy plate for your flange on the cylinder head side. Also don't forget to cut each flange separate from one another after you have the entire manifold fabricated and welded together.

turbooooo :)

well.. you guys will get to watch me install my new paxton supercharger here in like a week

well.. you guys will get to watch me install my new paxton supercharger here in like a week

Good to hear. We are looking forward to the results.

i know ee sold a 5.0 supercharger kit. they stoped selling them a few years back. does anyone know where one is. i have searched everywhere and the last one to sell was a hole truck with no title. i must have one!!!!

Back