Yes!! Soon to tune!!!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yes!! Soon to tune!!!!

Teaser pics of the new toys I have been getting from James

www.hensonperformance.com

Lightning maf--and wideband commander--yeah baby!

Look at the diameter of the front and rear of maf housing.

now that is sure to suck, in a good way!!

Attachments

• maf and wideband.jpg
    maf and wideband.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,221
  • maf front diameter.jpg
    maf front diameter.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,190
  • maf rear diemeter.jpg
    maf rear diemeter.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,212

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He better be shopping for a torque converter.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Way to go Jon.

Ill be watching this to see what happens.

yeah--well ok

you'll need the head start anyway--:D

i'm not doing the whole tune like you, i'm just getting the 4 program switch chip and getting tunes from jah since i don't have extensive mods like you

i'm not doing the whole tune like you, i'm just getting the 4 program switch chip and getting tunes from jah since i don't have extensive mods like you

Why the switch chip and not an x-cal 2? I'm glad I have the x-cal, it seems sct has a problem with the starter code for my computer, It took almost a week of testing to find it, and that was with being able to email tunes, It would have taken forever to ship it back and forth.

Why the switch chip and not an x-cal 2? I'm glad I have the x-cal, it seems sct has a problem with the starter code for my computer, It took almost a week of testing to find it, and that was with being able to email tunes, It would have taken forever to ship it back and forth.

Unfortunately Eric's tune has been a strange one. Should've went alot smoother than it did.

I'm a poor college student with a set income.... :thumbdwn: i do what i can with what i can get and i'm buying it from another forum member for a good price

Unfortunately Eric's tune has been a strange one. Should've went alot smoother than it did.

It's ok, I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Your the one I feel sorry for, having to spend so much time trying to figure the problem out.

Jon - You'll be okay with this location.

You would think it wouldn't give the right readings but I've heard from more than one person that it really doesn't bother the readings that much and it can be tuned properly. Did James tell you this as well?

Jon - You'll be okay with this location.

You would think it wouldn't give the right readings but I've heard from more than one person that it really doesn't bother the readings that much and it can be tuned properly. Did James tell you this as well?

Yeah, I am almost sure that is what he said. Just double checking my memory banks--:confused:

Yeah, I am almost sure that is what he said. Just double checking my memory banks--:confused:

Mine is in my tailpipe right after my turbo. I am working with James as we speek to tune my truck. He just about nailed it on the first tune he sent for the 39lb injectors and 80mm LMAF. He sent me another tune file eariler this afternoon but I wont get a chance to install it until tomorrow. We have a date soon to finish it up for good :)

Mine is in my tailpipe right after my turbo. I am working with James as we speek to tune my truck. He just about nailed it on the first tune he sent for the 39lb injectors and 80mm LMAF. He sent me another tune file eariler this afternoon but I wont get a chance to install it until tomorrow. We have a date soon to finish it up for good :)

That is great news!
I know your truck is a force to be reckoned with-I'm anxious to see a time slip from it.

That is great news!
I know your truck is a force to be reckoned with-I'm anxious to see a time slip from it.

I am hoping after we finish the tune I will be close to the 400whp mark at about 9psi. The first tune he gave me ran great but idles rich- I did some datalogging and he sent me a new file to correct it- but like I said I havent gotten a chance to load it yet. I was having issues when I put my manifold back on with the truck misfiring. I had a code for 3 of the 4 coils- came back the next day, cleared the codes, and it ran perfectly. So last night I got the plugs changed to the Autolite 103's and called it a night after doing a little datalogging. I hope to get this new tune file loaded tomorrow afternoon and actually get to drive the truck a little. Also, I have my new 255 pump going in on Friday.

Well guys
I am smack dab in the middle of this-well, James and I are.
You all will need to bear with my --er, slow speed. James has been more than patient.
I'm getting the data logging stuff down now.

Well guys
I am smack dab in the middle of this-well, James and I are.
You all will need to bear with my --er, slow speed. James has been more than patient.
I'm getting the data logging stuff down now.

Are you getting the webcam set-up in your truck so we can all ride along and see? ;)

wasent the name of this thread SOON to tune?
patience is a virtue-

But I will say this-
The tuning is under way and James has my truck running good. As soon as the driveability stuff is addressed I will start a new thread.

Back