Yo explorer forum, so about the chin spoiler | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yo explorer forum, so about the chin spoiler

Durtyspeed

Reaction score
City, State
Iraq
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
So I figured since I just posted a few minutes ago for my first time in over 2 years of membership. I don't even remember signing up but it said I had a 91 and I have never owned one, lol(fixed now though). Odd. So this is my 3rd post ever and my first thread.

First, my introduction. I just turned 23 yesterday, well maybe today for ya'll. I don't remember the time thing sometimes. I am currently in Iraq. I will be home in August, and I can't wait. I am stationed in Colorado but from Georgia. Trucks stats an 04, 4wd or awd whatever it is. White, tan leather, v6. All the cool little options. I plan to order a lift. Over the next little bit actually to install when I get home.

In short, I love this site, have been a member for while, lol, just don't remember how. Anywoo.

Question though, been going through some pics cause I can't be at home to stare at mine. Anybody removed that little black chin spoiler on the front? Just thought maybe it would give it a little higher look... Something less to scrape, etc. Didn't know if there was anything behind it that would show and be ugly. Just planning a long list of mods for when I get home with all this money I have saved on this deployment. I only bought it 2 months before we left.... Oh well.

Thanks and pictures of this if you have done so would be awesome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I figured since I just posted a few minutes ago for my first time in over 2 years of membership. I don't even remember signing up but it said I had a 91 and I have never owned one, lol(fixed now though). Odd. So this is my 3rd post ever and my first thread.

First, my introduction. I just turned 23 yesterday, well maybe today for ya'll. I don't remember the time thing sometimes. I am currently in Iraq. I will be home in August, and I can't wait. I am stationed in Colorado but from Georgia. Trucks stats an 04, 4wd or awd whatever it is. White, tan leather, v6. All the cool little options. I plan to order a lift. Over the next little bit actually to install when I get home.

In short, I love this site, have been a member for while, lol, just don't remember how. Anywoo.

Question though, been going through some pics cause I can't be at home to stare at mine. Anybody removed that little black chin spoiler on the front? Just thought maybe it would give it a little higher look... Something less to scrape, etc. Didn't know if there was anything behind it that would show and be ugly. Just planning a long list of mods for when I get home with all this money I have saved on this deployment. I only bought it 2 months before we left.... Oh well.

Thanks and pictures of this if you have done so would be awesome.

Wish I could help you out with your issue, but thank you very much for serving our country.

I removed mine. it makes it look higher from the front for 5 minutes worth of work. had mine off for a year with no problems. nothing to see behind there either. thanks for what you do. :salute:

Isn't it functional? It's there for aerodynamics. I would keep it on if I were you and buy a can of Kyrlon Fusion and paint it white so it matches the color of your car.

I took mine off when I installed my Westin Bull Bar. Looks better now that it's gone. There's nothing to hide really, but I'm sure it's on there to deflect air from under the veh. or something.

Isn't it functional? It's there for aerodynamics. I would keep it on if I were you and buy a can of Kyrlon Fusion and paint it white so it matches the color of your car.

it's like a built in version of the Lund wind jammer for the 2nd gens. My mountaineer has one too.

I removed mine to make the x look taller
Posted via Mobile Device

i removed mine but put it back on.

it looks funky with nothing in the tow hook holes.

aerodynamic???really??? i thought i was driving a 4500+ pound brick not a racecar. in all seriousness it wont hurt/harm anything. but is always the owners choice what to do.:)

Awesome, thats what I thought, I just figured the extra clearance would look nice.

Back