Yokohama Tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yokohama Tires

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been running these Yokohama tires on my 2002 XLT for about 48K miles now. I think they have one more winter left in them. Got a pretty good deal on them, as I recall. I was leaning toward getting a set of General Grabbers for my Explorer based on reviews from others, but the tire place near me had these on sale, I think.

They have been decent - pretty quiet on the freeway and good for everyday driving. Had them on some light offroad terrain a few times and they were fine. Not what I would call an aggressive tire, though.

I live in the land of snow and ice, and I will say that they seem a bit lackluster in deeper snow, particularly if it's slushy. Fine if there's just a dusting, but that's not usually the case around here. With 4WD though, I don't really have any problems.

Edit:
The link you posted above shows what I think is a very good price for these, especially if you include the rebate - $472 for a set of 4 seems good. Keep in mind you'll have to pay for installation. I think I paid about $600 for tires, disposal, installation, and tax a few years back.

Thanks for the reply. I made an appointment at a local STS for Thursday. The manager I spoke to said she would match the price and that they could fix my "Tire Pressure Sensor Fault"

I paid $536 for my Firestone Destination A/T 265/70/16.

Then I sold three of the old tires (cheap 265/70/16 h/t) for $20. The Previous owner popped a tire and got a cheap a/t put on that was much newer than the other 3 tires and I put that on the spare. Its a tight fit with a 265/70/16 in place of the original 245/70/16. But it fits :D

Update: I ended up NOT getting the Yokohama's. Instead I purchased the Michelin LTX M/S P245/65R17. Since Michelin started the new rebate program and I got STS to price match PepBoys I spent the extra $$ and got the better tire.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 296
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 257

Very good tire,also check out General Tire Grabber.

For my '05 Explorer before the winter, I'm thinking about picking up a type of Goodyear Wranglers.

I have to say, I paid a pretty penny for these tires. So far with 700 miles on them they are the best tires I have ever driven on.

Back