Yomie....3/4 ton build up and install | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yomie....3/4 ton build up and install

First off...

'78 Ford F-250 HPD44
5.13 gears spooled
Yukon 4340 inners and outers
Alloy USA u-joints and full circle clips
Highsteer using 1.5" OD DOM
Warn Premium hubs

Fornt axle is already built, i just have to move the front perches in a few inches and re-paint it

Rear will be a GM 14bFF
5.13 gears
welded spiders
RuffStuff disc conversion
late '70's disc brakes and rotors

I will start building the rear in a few weeks

D44 vs. D60 as everyone has seen before
HPIM0148.jpg

HP D44, just got to clean it up and move the perches in a few inches and it will be ready for boltup...next to TJ's D60.

Here it is finishing up, just got to install the drivers side 4340's and finish installing hubs

HPIM0149.jpg

HPIM0151.jpg

HPIM0150.jpg

HPIM0152.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dang, nice assembly of parts you have there. You've layed out a bunch of $$, hope it turns out how you'd hoped.

yes it is alot of money, but not as much as you would think.

I have a close friend out in Coloroado Springs who runs a shop, i order all of my truck parts from him and he sends them to me, he knows he gets all my business and gives me a DEAL...

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Is your close friend's name Ed?

See pic in lower right corner, that is when he was still here in Biloxi, MS before the storm
e2f53875.jpg

He is a good guy. I have had him order me a bunch of parts in the last few weeks for my Ex. Yukon gears and some other stuff for my new 8.8. He knows his stuff. That is cool. I will mention it next time I am down at his shop. I need to stop by there next week. I got to know him because my buddy is building stickers and graphics for him. Small world eh?

Yes, AWESOME guy, knows his stuff and has also built some bad A$$ hotrods in his days. I have learned alot from him and have seen his work 1st hand, i would recommend him to ANYONE needing work done or needing parts locally.

I remember when he first got his new Mustang, lol everything else he owned was Chevy at the time

Does he still have his Phantom suburban...the dually suburban with one wide tire in the back?

BTW he needs to send me some new stickers, lol

Stronger that what i got, lol :D

Glad to see ya back online!

At this point in time i still haven't decided on tires and wheels and this is going to stop this build if i can't figure something out...

Probably looking at a 17" rim and at least a 37 or bigger, i will be driving this thing on the street but that doesn't matter i've driven TSL's with no worries, my biggest cconcern is that i don't want to spend $300+ a tire....where have you guy's found that has good prices on tires online?

I will be getting my wheels from Summit (pretty f-n cheap) and adding weld on beadlocks later on.

C'mon man. 381250 bias tsl for 180 a tire from 4wheelparts...

CHEAP. Long lasting too, depending on how long your daily commute is ahaha.

17" wheels **** n/m, 17's are expensive.

Daily commute is less than 5 miles, i nly put about 3000 miles a year on it

Your 38 is now 220 at 4wheelparts

At this point in time i may just get 16's and go with a 38x13 TSL $234

I will ask him about his sub and tell him you need some new stickers. My buddy made him some stickers that are way cooler than the old one you got.

sweet

anything smaller than 16 may not fit over your brakes yomie. I run Iroks and love them; they wear good, quit, grip well, and are cheap. Contrary to what people say about flat spots, 1/4 of a mile down the road and they are gone.

I'd find a cheap set of H2 rims like 97 V8 has. They're 17's and many times you can find them with a good set of BFG A/Ts on them. That would suffice for a while until you can afford better tires.

Yeah, been looking for H2's haven't found a set thats just a killer deal yet....yeah anything smaller than 16's i can't use

i was lucky. The guy listed them as 18's instead of 17's. people need to know that hummer didnt make an 18 inch rim for the H2 in that style...tards. So i got them for $72.00. Another $45 to mill out the centers to fit over my dana 60 hub and i was set.

i was lucky. The guy listed them as 18's instead of 17's. people need to know that hummer didnt make an 18 inch rim for the H2 in that style...tards. So i got them for $72.00. Another $45 to mill out the centers to fit over my dana 60 hub and i was set.

:jealous:

Back