Yomies D30 SAS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yomies D30 SAS

Hey everyone, finally decided to post my results here.

My setup includes:

1995 High Pinion D30
Spring hangers and drag link(3/4" heims) by CRL Customs
1979 Jeep Grand wagoneer stock leaf springs
1993 Explorer steering box
Rubicon Express RE1550 22" long brake lines (bolted right up to hard lines)
Rancho RS 5036 front shocks

SOA in the rear

there are more pics here
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/223222/2

223222_153_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey reg. get onto ur AOL instant messenger man i need to talk to u

WOW. That looks Great. I love the Diff cover in the front. Did you paint that yourself?

Originally posted by sapogmxr
WOW. That looks Great. I love the Diff cover in the front. Did you paint that yourself?

Members of my club painted it. It is Painted Yellow, the Black and Red are permanent markers

Nice, how about some more pics...

Good job Yomie !!

I went to Miss. last weekend to see his ride and it looked real good. But his welder drives the ugliest damn jeep I have ever seen:D :D :D . Heads up he,s looking for an early model manual transfercase. Help a wheeler and dig one out of the garage.

Nice lift, now you just need some meat under it.

Re: Good job Yomie !!

Originally posted by ALYZ1FLR
I went to Miss. last weekend to see his ride and it looked real good. But his welder drives the ugliest damn jeep I have ever seen:D :D :D . Heads up he,s looking for an early model manual transfercase. Help a wheeler and dig one out of the garage.

Hahaha, yeah i am looking for a 1354 T-case, may try to get a 1350 to work, since the JYard was full of them.

Oh, about thoes meats, i'm going to New Orleans today to pick up my 36's, should have pics later this week

Here's what my welder drives, a Grand Cherokee with 4-5" lift and 33's.

223222_172_full.jpg

223222_176_full.jpg

With the 36's.

I am making plans to bring the total height down about 2", i'll keep you informed when i do it. Also making plans to get a trac bar on the front end

223222_182_full.jpg

223222_183_full.jpg

Bring it DOWN?? Are you Nuts? There has to be reason behind this.. I think it looks great how it is.

Yeah, really, I'm thinking it looks pretty damn good right where it's at. :D

That is a tough one. All that height equals instability, yet, lowering it some means cutting body with those 36s. Tough one....................

Congrats on the swap Reggie!!!;)

Geez, that thing is huge Reg!

I would bring it down if it were mine. I brought mine down a little bit once i got it broke in, just to high for me with out the sway bar. Now i've got a sway bar so it feels great.

Congrats on the swap again, looks awesome! Now we need some wheelin pics!

THanks for the compliments again, i have a sway bar on there now too, rides great, but it is high.

Currently i'm running a 6" shacke up front and the 8" warrior in the rear. I'm planning on replacing both sets with a 4" shorty shackle up front and a 6" in the rear (close to stock length). Im really not liking extended shackles, never really have. That will be 1" right there in height. I'll decide more after that. It looks as if i'm going to have to cur more in the rear than the front.

I'm currently working on getting a front drive shaft right now, and am planning to go on a run in Early Feb. will update as soon as more progress is made! :D

Thanks again guy's

yomie,
how is the strength on the d30? i just bought a 87xj and everyone (except from this board) says the d30 on the xj sucks and will exploede if wheeled with 33s. what is your 2 cents on that? i know d30 has been used like crazy here for the SAS.
thanks.

Nice work. The truck looks great.

Swak, i'm unsure right now. I have shafts with the 297x joints in them right now(same as a D44), i really don't see too much of a problem with it, but i haven't wheeled it yet. The Ring and Pinion, in my opinion, is the weak point, and there really is no way uf beefing that without going with a D44. I'll keep ya updated on it though.

And again, i don't rock crawl with it, i'm in the south and all we really have is mud, mud and more mud :(

To put into perspective how high the truck really is...

223222_185_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks freakin incredible, when you stand next to it, it really puts it into perspective. Very nice job Yomie.

Back