I'm finally elite!

A few Specs... '97 Explorer 2 door
HPD30 SAS with '79 Waggy springs
M.O.R.E. Crossover steering
4.88 gears front lock-right, 760x joints
SOA rear with 4 door springs
35" BFG MT's on Pacer 44u 15x10 rims
4.0 OHV, 5-speed, BW1354 manual t-case

The last picture is how my truck sits today!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did the chrome piece on the rear quarter panel come on your sport or did you have to make one from a 4dr fit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

j602 said:
Yeah, I saw that, I was just wondering what the bent drag in your previous setup cost you.

THe drag link actually came with the SAS 'kit' that i bought from Robb, which was made by CoryL (CRL Customs) the same guy that did JoshC's sas.

Mcane6 said:
Did the chrome piece on the rear quarter panel come on your sport or did you have to make one from a 4dr fit?.

The chrome pieces came with my X, i actually have a 2 door XL and not a sport. But the rear pieces from a 4 door will fit. I measured them. THoes chrome pieces are actually painted black now

You have a Sport XL silly, all 2 door explorer's are the Sport.

thanks Yomie. i was told before that the 4dr wouldnt fit my sport and never had a chance to measure them but now im going to buy some and paint them black as well. Did you just paint over the chrome or what? What kind of paint you us?

410Fortune said:
You have a Sport XL silly, all 2 door explorer's are the Sport.

haha, true

I scuffed the plastic chrome a bit with a 3m pad, cleaned it really good with a cleaning solvent, i then used the aerosol spray in paintable bed liner, and topped that off with a few coats of semi-gloss black paint. I used the same procedure with my front and rear bumpers too, which were chrome to begin with. Look at the pic of my truck on the RTI ramp, everything is black (the most current pic.)

the bedliner was what i was thinking bout using. Yeah noticed that evrything was black and was wondering if you painted or just bought new bumpers that were black.
But thanks for the info. Hopefully i can get by the junk yard and pick up some stuff and start painting it all.

wow that is a beautiful machine, good work.

good job yomie keep up the good work.

Sam, trim down your sig man, it's huge.

I added 2 pictures, one of which is how my truck looks today with the BFG's

Those new wheels look even better in person. :thumbsup: BTW, I don't remember if I asked you, but what percent tint do you have on there?

its 20% all around

Back