Yomie's SAS....Again | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yomie's SAS....Again

I've finally been able to start to gathering up parts for a 44. I'm going to be using a HPD44 running it full width, with ford outers. Just a warning, this might take some time.

In the mean time, i took off the 3" BL, i cut up the front bumper, cut my front fender openings Jefe style, cut off the pieces behind the rear wheels, made the rear frenderwells a little bit larger, and completely removed the rear bumper to start fabbing one up.

In the end i still only plan on running a 36-37" tire. I will still be leafs. I will update this thread as i make more progress. So to start, no more body lift!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the pass side is brentons old one which was nice, it was a 3/4 ton with over knuckle steering, i already had a drivers side 3/4ton over knuckle

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Someone Asked For Pics

Pics=more then one :D

when you start construction, you should do a write up in a "how to for dummies" style... help a brother out.

just wondering if anyone had a 7* reamer that i could borrow for a day or so, i will ship it back, i promise!!

just wondering if anyone had a 7* reamer that i could borrow for a day or so, i will ship it back, i promise!!

Never mind, i just bought one from snap on

reminds me of a song I heard once called "detach-able penis" by Rev Co was it? hahaha borrow a 7" reamer pffft

Still have that D30?

yes i still have the D30

some pics of my coil buckets and chevy 1 ton tie rods and my 7*( reamer)

truck001.jpg

truck002.jpg

truck003.jpg

truck004.jpg

truck005.jpg

Got love the 1 ton TRE"s :D :thumbsup: A little advice on reaming go slow, and check offen, that thing goes through pretty quick;)

Oh Yeah....Get er done! :hammer:

truck004.jpg

Is that the ES2233L?

truck004.jpg

Is that the ES2233L?

Yeah the es2233l in my hand
the es2234r is the really short one in the other pic and the middle one is the 2027L high misalignment pitman arm one

Got love the 1 ton TRE"s :D :thumbsup: A little advice on reaming go slow, and check offen, that thing goes through pretty quick;)

Oh Yeah....Get er done! :hammer:

THanks for the advice, i was gonna put it in a cordless, i think i'll do it by hand now

THanks for the advice, i was gonna put it in a cordless, i think i'll do it by hand now

Use a press if you can, that's by far the best way.

change of plans again,

I just scored a sweet 35 splined D60 rear with discs and chromo's and a HDD44 for the front.

i am not using the coils, RA's, buckets, and HP D44 housing i have now, they are for sale.

I will continue to run leafs cause they flex enough for me, i guess there is not reason to re-engineer something that already works untill i get coilovers or something better. 16" of wheel travel on leafs isn't that bad

Sounds really good. Why mess with what works. Are you going to be selling the coil related parts? PM sent.

lol, another update...

Not gonna use the 3/4 ton stuff, ended up not even buying it last year...

I am getting a waggy D44 from my buddy, i'm gonna run that and keep my current setup. I'm running 5-leaf waggys up front, i'm going to add a few leafs because they are too soft right now and redo my shackle hangers to keep them out of the rocks and of course flat top knuckles. I have been running heims on my steering for the last 3 years, and they have given me no problems, but i will be running 1-ton tie rods this time. I will also be running Hydro asst.

If i can find some small bearing spindles i will run 5-5.5 up front if not, i'm geting new rear shafts for the 8.8.

This is probably going to happen in Jan or Feb, i have a few wheelin' trips i need to get to for the holidays and then i will start swapping.

I currently have a HPD44 from a '79 F-150 housing only, Free-come pick up
a set of radius arms, one is bent will go free with housing
Coil buckets, pickup for $50

a few other things, once i gather them from my garage i will post a For Sale/Free to home

Reggie

Pics of the axle...

Well they are right here for the moment, he's going D60/14bFF

DSC03320.jpg

DSC03331.jpg

Back