you guys told me to do some mods.... here they are | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

you guys told me to do some mods.... here they are

i did some mods, droped it, 3" blocks in back and torsion twist in front, but i need to go lower in the front, i see others lower but mine cant get that much lower, looks kinda stupid with back lower than front, i just need like an inch. i got my front bumper painted, geting the back some time next month cuz i am geting a roll pan made. what u guys think of her now? better??? PLEASE HELP WITH LOWERING FRONT END.

BEFORE
old.jpg

AFTER!!
new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: explorer express.... explorer rip off??

Originally posted by clowwny
do you think 18s will be ok for rims... with low profiles??? once u hit 19" and higher the price is rediculous.

18" rims with low pros will be fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah EE lowering kit is expensive! As for the rims. Quite a few people on here have 17s which are usually the Cobra Rs. And couple on here like sideswipe are on 18s. Either way, you have better selection of going to a better of selection of tires (17&18s)to choose from, including the low profiles if your wanting them. Plus finding a direct bolt pattern(5X4.5) on a larger wheel is harder to find than a 15 or 16 inch for the explorer. If you go over 18inch then get reay to fork out some $$ and finding a wheel that will fit.

Oh yeah, am sure you make a good profit if you start selling your own lowering kit...for 50 bucks with camber adjusters, instructions, U-Bolts, and blocks...heck I'll buy it from you if you decise to get into business...HaHa!

Anyways, keep us posted, if the you can't bring the front any lower, just bring the back up an inch, either way, it will look good.

you guys are the ****... =)

ill look in to makeing a few kits for lowering with my buddy thats a machineist.

machinest eh? what other cool stuff can he make? ;)

Clowwny, Did you buy your grill at Mario's ? If so how much?

got it at crow city customs... if u want one get it from nopi.com i wish i did, so much cheeper

clowwny could your machinest make altezzas? like does he specialize in plastics? i think altezzas would look alright on a explorer because they dont offer em, and around here, nobody has em so it would be unique.

the Altezzas are kinda played out now....
i think the all red tails that he has now look much better anyway.

his explorer looks more unique this way withou the yellow turns. there are soooo many vehicles with altezza style tails now (caravans, broncos, cavaliers, tercels, blazers, f150s, eclipses, neons, etc....)
it's really overdone, and most of them are getting really ugly looking (the old style eclipse altezzas are hideous).

well.. its not really an altezza directly.. its something I was playing with.. I don't think its going to work, but I'm not giving up just yet.. don't wanna say much more about it ;)

thanks leenjen, altezzas suck now.... everyone has em. every honda i see now has them, even stock hondas.... they have nothing done to them but altezza lights, come on now i saw a damn BMW 318 with them the other day, i almost puked. thanks once again for the opinions guys but.... NO WAY WILL I EVER PUT ALTEZZAS ON MY CAR

and i know some of you like the altezzas with the black inside the light houseing instead of the chrome... i think if you painted that black inside of the altezza or chrome the color of your car, that would look OK i guess

the machineist works on like metals and ****, made a short shifter for my old VW, not plastic's.

thats my point.. the reason I ditched my stock lenses was in part of the orange turn and black outline.. I also ditched them because I thought a clear lense on a white truck would llook good.. I couldn't imagine having to put red back on it, which is why I'm trying to come up with an alternative to clears that incorporates LED technology and altezza-style looks with the chrome and all

what kinda post is that? lol

Sorry I was stupid and didn't realize there was a second page to read. Duh!!!!!!!

Back