• Register Today It's free!

You think this is a good deal?

321Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Satellite Beach, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 2wd Explorer Sport
He guys you probably know me from the 2nd Gen Explorers but I found something to get me into the first gen too. A long lost buddy of mine has a 91 Ford Explorer XLT with the AL4D Tranny in it, an 87 H.O 302 swapped into it, Full racing exhaust (Headers, Flows 40, and 2 1/2 inch pipe, true duals, ford 9inch rear.) Hust rachet shifter, 17 inch chrome rims, street slicks, and the list gones on. Heres the deal, a guy that we were once friends with bought the truck off my buddy for $2000, and he is making payments. Well, he robbed a liquor store and is sentenced for 5 to 10 so the Explorer is going to be repoed by my buddy because the guy that went to jail still owes him $400. My buddy said if I give him $400 bucks, I can have the tittle and the truck. Do you think $400 is a good deal. P.S. the truck is carburated and has been sitting for over a year. But my buddy swears that it can be fired up with a little tune up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're lucky I dodn't live in Florida. I snatch that sucker in a heartbeat.

The AL4D is the only problem I see.

Thats what I thought, I thought I would swap it for a C6

You're lucky I dodn't live in Florida. I snatch that sucker in a heartbeat.

The AL4D is the only problem I see.

i DO live in florida, and ill be glad to buy it if you dont want to:D

It either has a 302 or an a4ld, unless one of them is lying in the back. They wont bolt together and I hoighly doubt that anyone would waste their time adapting it to the 5.0 when their are so many other choices.

It either has a 302 or an a4ld, unless one of them is lying in the back. They wont bolt together and I hoighly doubt that anyone would waste their time adapting it to the 5.0 when their are so many other choices.

That's what I was thinking. I wonder if it is an AOD.

Back