• Register Today It's free!

Your hypothesis on this.

dag545

Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 sport
Whats up people, I want to see what yall think about this lift setup. (and dont worry i already searched thats why im asking) So here it goes; I have a 92 ex sport 5 speed, Im going towards a 3in body, shackles, 2in coil spacers in front, and an add a leaf. I will get any extra neccessary parts involved with my lift, shocks relocation brackets, ex. (still searching on that stuff) Im probably going to put some 31s/32s on it because i really dont want to change the gears ( my gears stock are 3.73s). So would you do it/not do it. Let me know what you think and if you have any different thoughts im all eyes. Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

in my opinion, with around 5 inches of lift, 31's would look really small... I'd maybe try for a 33? How much towing or offroading do you do?

I agree, 31's seem small for that much lift. Check the link in my signature, it has max tire and lift sizes. I always say, unless you have some other reason not too, it looks better with bigger tires.

I always say, unless you have some other reason not too, it looks better with bigger tires.

Doesn't want to re-gear... Once he hits 33's he'd feel really sluggish.

Are you trying to save money on not installing a full suspension lift?

Body lift ($100)
coil spacers ($30)
add-a-leaf ($50)
Shackles ($60)

That's a pretty good way to get the lift you want for $250, BUT It will be quite a long install vs going full suspension. I ran 32s without regearing and I didn't think it was sluggish.

even though i'm going for the opposite by lowering mine this summer... what if you waited until you could re-gear and get the bigger tires? i know you said you didn't want to re-gear, but like others have said the tires would look kinda small, what if you played the waiting game a few more months till you could? just my .2$

I am not going to do any extreme off-road stuff. I live in WV and want some bigger tires for when it snows or when I go hunting and haft to go off road. I was going to get the lift installed and out of the way. The full suspension lift was very expensive compared to the lift I stated above. To me personally I don’t want to put a lot of money in my ex, just enough to get what I want done. (got A bad A$$ 5.0 mustang I am building up)

What if I got some pretty wide 32s like some 13.50-15.50s, Would that make it look any better? Or maybe installed a 1in-2in body lift (instead of the 3in one) to make the tires look not so small?

Cheapest way to get where you want is a set of F-150 coil spring spacers in the front and a set of Warrior shackles in the rear. That'll easily put your 31's under the truck with about a 1.5" lift for under $100.

...i'm with the rest on the f150 coil seats and shackles as a good start...later on when you have money you can jump up to a larger lift ... but don't forget, you will also need to get an alignment too...;)

Thank you all for your replys. I am going to take all of yalls advice and do the shackles and front spacers. I might do the Waiting game like josh said and not do the 5in lift until I can Get bigger tires and re gear. Thanks

Where im WV are you? Like everyone said above, coil spacers and shackles with 31's is the way to go.

Where im WV are you? Like everyone said above, coil spacers and shackles with 31's is the way to go.
I live in Bridgeport WV, And yea i agree with everone else to im going to do the shackles and spacers for now.

Back