• Register Today It's free!

your opinion on this lift

ExporeRanger

Reaction score
City, State
Highland, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
im putting a 2in coil spacer up front on my ttb..and i been told you can order the shims online to bring it back into spec that you can put on while installing it..this way i could safely get it to the alignment shop downthe road and they could do whatever else is necessary ther?...does anybody know about this or suggest anything?

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I Used to have that lift, there are caster/camber bushings that replace the old ones, les schwab had them in stock and did mine for me when i got my alignment done. hope you got add a leafs or new shackles for the ass end

Forget the 2" urethane spacers
Get yourself F-150 spring seats (search this site)
they are metal and fit the beams
they will give you 1-5/8" lift

You will want 2.5 or 2.75 camber correction shims (make sure you get 2.5 or 2.75 FOR A 4x4, 2wd shims are the same part, but have a hgiher correction when installed on a 2wd beamed truck)

Buty both sets of shims, take them both with you to the alignment shop, have them install the correct ones.

alright..thanks 410..and im halfass lifting this truck kuz i got a cj7 for the real thing..n i got these spacers free...wher do you thik i should order them from? the shims i meen

shims i need*..and yeah i got add aleafs and shackles already on the ass end..so you suggest i buy both the 2.5 and 2.75 shims? and giv em to the alignment place..and they can see which one works best..then retrun the other pair? or does anyone kno exactly which one its gunna be for a 4x4?

Back