Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Xplorer xlt 168k
well i just got my Offroad adventures mag and ran across this

Front and Rear Gears (4.56)
Master Install Kit
Front Tru-Trac
Rear Detroit Locker
All for 1199.99

i've done searching on here and know that this has been discussed, pros n cons of different lockers. I am just wondering if this deal is really a deal...

DEAL.............or.................NO DEAL!!

looking forward to hearing ya'lls response.

Oh these parts are listed @ www.4wheelparts.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats a good deal if you can put it in yourself but if u cant 4 wheel parts charges out the ass to put it in i was going to do the same deal

x2 -- definitely a deal if you have the tools and knowledge to install it.

well the tool end of things i know for a fact im all set on.... knowledge is what i lack on this job, as it is my first re-gear but with all the smarts around here and the few in my head im sure i'll be alright. thanx for the responses..
Troy~

you already have a dial indicator? this is a must for regearing.

ok ok i personally dont have all the tools but my buddy is an avid strip racer and has re-geared many cars. And i have these at my disposal and according to him ill have everything i need. So I guess i cross my fingers? hopefully he will be free to help..

hopefully he will be free to help..
I've heard beer is a good motivator :D
(But not being one who drinks, I would not know )

you already have a dial indicator? this is a must for regearing.

We've done 4 axles with out a dial indicator and it's been great so far. Now it's not exact, but one truck has put well over 50,000 miles on them with 35's and no problems.

well i think i'll go with "vegas" on this one and use the proper tools. with my luck it would be the 28th day of the month for lady luck. lol but glad it worked out for ya Josh im just not that lucky :(

I've heard beer is a good motivator :D
(But not being one who drinks, I would not know )

i've also heard that lol might have to give that a try. I'm same man, buddies say FREE beer!!! im just like eh so what got a coke? lmao

Lol, i don't blame ya. I just happen to have a friend that's done it before with good luck. We did mine, which hasn't seen the road yet though!

I'm not sure i'd want someone who's been drinking all night working on my truck, especially something as important as gears. They might just skip one or two of those very important steps like, oh lets say torqueing the ring gear bolts. :eek:

Back