Yoyota not admitting fault for problems.Acceleration.ABC news story | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yoyota not admitting fault for problems.Acceleration.ABC news story

JoeCool6972

Reaction score
City, State
where ever I may roam...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac XLT
First off, I would like to say as a former technician I know how sorry they are in admitting fault and trying to blame the customer for THEIR problems. We had a TSB for Oil gelling in the heads on engines. They sent out a TSB to US, not customers to remove and clean the heads. And how to blame the consumer saying they did not change the iol properly. HOWEVER, the real problem was the heads oil return holes were too small, and the oil just sit there. Usually the fix was customer pay if out of warranty... BS!

Now there is this MAJOR problem involving a lot of their vehicles. The accelerator sticks and accelerates quickly. They recalled the damn floor mats, yet people still have the problem. There have been over 2000 cases reported, a few were fatal. They actually blamed a few saying they hit the gas rather than brake pedal... WHAT A LOAD OF BS! Once again, they sent out a TSB for the techs saying the computer was the REAL problem, but only replace under warranty. There is now a big investigation into them and a class action lawsuit.

This type of business practice is unacceptable! They need to be heavily fined and possibly put out of business, at least here in the US.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/RunawayToyotas/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In the last 10 years, more than 2,000 Toyota owners have reported their cars surged out of control at high speeds, according to safety analyst Sean Kane.
2,000 over 10 years? Thats a pretty small number.

I dunno what year or models this applies to but I've driven an 02 Camry, 02 4Runner, 06 Highlander and an 08 Rav4 and no problems with the gas pedal. Nor do I know anyone who has had this prob.

My Mom had a problem with her Camry, they removed the mats and still had an issue. The car was in the dealership garage for a couple of days and fixed, but they never said what was done.

Toyota has been raked over the coals lately...:shifty_ey First the roll overs now this.

I used to really respect Toyota vehicles but now I am beginning to rethink my position.

They do have some very good vehicles. My issue with them isn't much with them, it's with the aversion to reporting hardly anything bad about them by the media or the NTSB. They're built with nuts and bolts like any other vehicle. Things break- report it honestly.

Toyota has been raked over the coals lately...:shifty_ey First the roll overs now this.

I used to really respect Toyota vehicles but now I am beginning to rethink my position.

x2

I use to think Toyota made some of the most reliable longest lasting vehicles available. All that changed when they decided to shoot for #1 manufacturer in sales. Their quaility went out the window and the vehicles really reflect the decision to cut corners. Kinda sad what greed can do to a world class auto manufacturer.

x2

I use to think Toyota made some of the most reliable longest lasting vehicles available. All that changed when they decided to shoot for #1 manufacturer in sales. Their quaility went out the window and the vehicles really reflect the decision to cut corners. Kinda sad what greed can do to a world class auto manufacturer.

Toyota beats all other manufacturers hands down.....in marketing. Toyota has largely brainwashed an ignorant population into believing that a toyota cannot only survive 1,000,000 miles without an oil change, but it can also survive a nuclear holocaust while still getting better than 50 mpg. :rolleyes: I've worked on some family friends' toyotas, I have helped my father in law with his 2001 Tacoma (which has been hailed by many a moron as the best vehicle of all time), and I even helped try to keep an 87 landcruiser (my wife's before we got married) keep afloat- toyotas are not all they are cracked up to be. The metal is cheap and often rusted, the interiors are not made of super high-quality materials like consumer reports always touts, they are very bland. In fact, the interiors are bland to the point where there really is nothing to fail because they are so spartan. I always find it amazing to hear people brag about these vehicles as if they are hand-crafted by God, or simply impervious to all wear or failures that "lesser" vehicle succumb to. Big pet peeve of mine, too bad I'm preaching to the choir. :p:

My 2008 Camry week-long review: CLICK ME

Perhaps they just poured all their research budget into the Prius. Which still doesn't amaze me, seeing as how a diesel Jetta can get the same mileage without being a hybrid. All these new cars getting 40 and 50 miles to the gallon don't amaze me - many older models of small cars did the same.

And I agree, Toyota is hyped up too much these days. Their older vehicles had a good reputation, they are ruining it. Ford seems to be doing things right, but the media will barely admit it. Many of the newer model vehicles are very good, reliable and everything

My 2008 Camry week-long review: CLICK ME

Interesting post, my wife and I have a family friend that have a 2009 camry that surges at idle randomly, sometimes excessively. They also mentioned the tranny shifting too often. I'm sure she will be much happier with the taurus, I've heard only good things about the new ones, exceptional polish and finish. :thumbsup:

The new Taurus is a really nice car.

The Camry just has some quirks that bug me, all cars have some quirks, ie Explorer gremlins ;) but the ones in the Camry are too invasive during normal driving. The overshifting thing is ridiculous though. Yes the mileage is good, but the sacrifice drives me crazy. Their old Camry's didn't do that. (This is their third, and last)

The new Taurus is a really nice car.

The Camry just has some quirks that bug me, all cars have some quirks, ie Explorer gremlins ;) but the ones in the Camry are too invasive during normal driving. The overshifting thing is ridiculous though. Yes the mileage is good, but the sacrifice drives me crazy. Their old Camry's didn't do that. (This is their third, and last)

My mother is also on her first and last camry. Not because she doesnt like it, it gets her to work and her stores and back, but she wants to get either a volt or the next gen JCG. Im pretty sure she will be the only one cross shopping those two lol.

Case closed, incorrect floor mats (all weather mats placed on top of carpet mats, even the dealers were doing this).

NASA and government experts concluded no electronic problems or electronic interference.

Back