Yukon gear BL?

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
im setting up my yukon 4.88 gears and in the book it list two different BL or gears.they list a 8.8 (old 5cut) and a 8.8 (new 2 cut).for the old it list a bl of 11-16 and the new 2 cut a BL of 3-6.witch one should i go by and how do i tell witch gear i have?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is probably one you'll have to contact Yukon for.

FWIW, when I did my 5.13s back in '04, I found the best contact pattern to be at .008" BL (and that's when they only listed a spec of .011-.016") The Ford factory book lists a spec of .008-.015" so I ran with it and it's been great (no noise, etc.).

I saw that in the ford book witch just added another spec

I know other have put yukons in,what spec dis you all use?

i honestly dont remmeber what my backlash was. im using PORC $.88 gears, but i cant rember the spec i used, i think it was within the 5 cut range though

wish i could be of more help

My best pattern is at.011 guess ill just have to call them before i do my final pattern

im setting up my yukon 4.88 gears and in the book it list two different BL or gears.they list a 8.8 (old 5cut) and a 8.8 (new 2 cut).for the old it list a bl of 11-16 and the new 2 cut a BL of 3-6.witch one should i go by and how do i tell witch gear i have?

the bl you need is .011-.016.

Sweet!! Yea i met a guy tonight at the bar and he told me that i have the old 5 cut,he explained it but we was taken shots so i didnt understand!!!

Back