Zaino Z2 Pro application first impressions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zaino Z2 Pro application first impressions

While much of the country is up to their arse in either snow or cold, here in Paradise, it’s a Zaino kinda day. The ambient temperature is 70 F.

My order of the new Zaino Z2 Pro arrived and just begged to get out of the bottle and onto my truck; I obliged.

Not only am I using the new Z2 Pro for the first time, but am also using ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive for the first time.

As a long time user of Z1 and Z2, I thought that the application, removal and results couldn’t be better. Along comes Sal’s new alchemical wonder, Z 2 Pro and my previous conclusions were shattered.

I have wanted to give ZFX a go but since I had a full bottle of Z1, I waited.
First I washed and dried the truck, and then the magic began. I applied Z 2 Pro to the supplied applicator pad ( moistened with Z 6 ) and then applied it to my truck. It’s even easier to apply than Z 2. By the time the entire truck was Z2 Pro’ed, the material was dry and removed by buffing with a MF cloth. Next cam e a Z 6 application, I then applied a second coat of Z 2 Pro as above, followed by another Z 6 treatment.

It certainly is nice to be able to do 2 coats of Z 2 Pro in less than 1 hour.
The resulting shine is quite impressive; it appears to be deeper and “wetter†looking than the standard Z 2 treatment.

I highly recommend this new product.

NOTE ..… it sure would be nice if they bothered to mark a line on the bottle at the 1 oz and 2 oz level. Without marks, it’s a pain to measure the Z 2 Pro.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hear ya Al. I got out the shot glass filled w/water poured into the bottle and scratched a one ounce line. PIA
It will probably be a few months before I try it but I'm glad to hear that you notice some difference in the Pro line.

Al, what's the increase in shine between Z2 and Z2 Pro though? I have two bottles of Z2 that are relatively full.

Is the shine enough to warrant a switch (a.k.a. enough to make Ford's orange peel even more evident heh) or is it something that I'd need lab equipment to detect a change?

I just am a bit critical of this new product because the perfect finish depends on the prep work, that is, a proper buffing with Menzerna (or your favorite) polish. A wax (sealant) is like the icing on the cake.

aldive said:
it appears to be deeper and “wetterâ€￾ looking than the standard Z 2 treatment.

I highly recommend this new product.
I was waiting to hear your review on Z2 PRO and if it can look better than Z2, I will be ordering it now. Like I said in your other post, even at $13/bottle, it's still less expensive than Meguiar's NXT.

I think that for now I'll stick with using Z1 instead of the ZFX. Being a crippled guy, it takes me so long to do a vehicle that there is no advantage to me in trying to get multiple layers on in one day. I'm so slow that by the time I get to the other side of the hood, the first side is almost dry enough to remove.

Got any before & after pics?

Gimp,

Sorry, no before/after photos. I had to go on an out of town trip the next day.

As far as a better shine foes, its to subjective to accurately determine by the naked eye, sorry, However, I do think that the shine is deeper and wetter looking.

One thing that I did notice is that this treatment beads rain water better than the conventional technique.

I think you should give it a go.

Its still taining ( be thankful dumbie, its not snow/ice ) so I can't do any more Z 2 Pro coats.

Its that darj and rainy here on Christmas day....

Attachments

• rain on hood 003.jpg
    rain on hood 003.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 366

Well, I now have 6 coats of Z2 Pro on my Explorer. The new formula ( Pro _ is truly amazing. I have never seem my truck look so wet and the shine look so deep.

If you haven't tried Z2 Pro, I highly recommend you have a go with it.

well that is cool.
I just used up the last of my Z5 and Z2 detailing my Mom's 04 Passat.
Time to step up !!!

You will not be disappointed.

I just put another coat on today in this 78 F weather.

Here are some pics ....

Attachments

• waxed truck shots 001.jpg
    waxed truck shots 001.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 323
  • waxed truck shots 002.jpg
    waxed truck shots 002.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 334
  • waxed truck shots 003.jpg
    waxed truck shots 003.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 329

and a few more ....