Zainoed the X this weekend | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zainoed the X this weekend

I spent a day & a half cleaning the X and I feel better now.
Started with a Dawn wash followed by 3M Swirl Mark Remover applied w/ a Porter Cable orbital buffer. Then a Meguiars SMR remover followed by another Dawn wash.
Then two coates of Zaino Z-2 W/ZFX.
The buffing prior to the Zaino really made a difference in the brightness & clearity of the paint.

Attachments

• x rear side resize.jpg
    x rear side resize.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 390

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Stephen
, says its much easier to use that Zaino and leaves a better shine...

Damn, Stephen, if its easier than Zaino, iy must jump outf the bottle and eub itself on the truck......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, it arrived today. My son called me at work when he got home, and I took the afternoon off and we washed, compounded, polished and Poorboys'ed the Explorer. We lost light too quick for me to take pictures, but it came out GREAT. Like a whole new truck.

Al and other Zaino lovers, I really like this new Poorboys stuff, very easy to apply (I wouldnt say easier than Zaino, probably equally easy) and leaves a great shine with some depth that Zaino lacks. I really like it, money well spent. You should give it a try, email poorboysworld@att.net.

Shine is nice

But how long will that shine last? Going on a year and a half since my last polish job and it still looks great, even after 2 Illinois winters.

Originally posted by Bill Kemp
Started with a Dawn wash

I've heard a couple of you guys mention this before. My question is, how is a Dawn wash different than a wash with car wash soap? (I assume we're talking about Dawn like the dish stuff?)

Re: Re: Zainoed the X this weekend

Originally posted by diablo5969
I've heard a couple of you guys mention this before. My question is, how is a Dawn wash different than a wash with car wash soap? (I assume we're talking about Dawn like the dish stuff?)

To quote from Zaino website.............

I would definitely recommend you remove the wax buildup on your paint. Just use Liquid Dawn (hand dishwashing liquid) as a car wash. It has a high alkaline content which cuts right thru carnauba wax, paraffin, silicone oils, etc. This will get your paint finish squeeky clean and wax free.

I don't advise making a habit of washing your car with Dawn. But for this scenario it's fine. High alkaline products like Dawn are tough on polishes. It will never harm the paint finish though.

Nice truck Bill...hows that stealth box workin out for ya?

Re: Re: Re: Zainoed the X this weekend

So the Dawn wash is basically just for before waxing or something like that?

Cool, thanks

im sort of annoyed with zaino. i sent them a money order 9 days ago. i have called them many times, and most of the times ive called i get their machine. ive even emailed them. they never get back to me. the 2 times i actually got through, the first time, the person said to wait about 3 or 4 days before they can process the order. i said ok. i called back 9 days later (today) and the person says there is no way for them to check if they got my payment or even sent out my order because theyw ould have to go through the orders by hand. im sorry, but thats some crappy customer service. i think ill be ordering zaino if im happy with it fromt he site bill kemp said

I have had nothing but prompt service from Zaino. My only complaint is that they do not accept credit cards.

Back