• Register Today It's free!

Zerks? What Zerks!

Klondike

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac
I've been under my 02 4x4 trac many times and have never seen a single Grease Zerk. A friend of mine is convinced I have them... help please. Are there likely to be any? If so where? It's gong to be driving from Phoenix to Chicago soon and I don't want anything to go wrong for the wife.

Any help is awesome help, thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

None of the stock parts have zerk fittings, since they are non-serviceable. So you would only have them if you replaced some stuff, you most likely would remember installing the zerk fittings because its the last thing to do. They are usually found on upper ball joint, lower ball joints, outer tie rods and u-joints. There might be more but that's what I know I have on mine.

ditto

yeh ford designed this with "disposable" suspension/drivetrain parts. and as said above on our trucks it would be outer tie-rod ends, ball joints upper and lower, and the u-joints in the drive shafts. these only have zerks if they are aftermarket with them

Thanks guys, I didn't think there were any and I know I didn't install any. Because there aren't any problems now... I'm not going to mess with anything other than the normal stuff. i.e. oil/filter change. I did a proper tune up earlier this year except for the coolant flush....

Back