ZEX Nitrous Kit...

LowdPypes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mountaineer
Just placed the order for the ZEX Dry Nitrous Kit to go on The Beast. The STT's are coming off and will be replaced with some 265/75/R15 Pirelli tires. Performer 5.0 Kit is under way with new Intake, 70MM TB and 75MM MAS. I will keep everyone posted on the Nitrous install and performance once the tires come in...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool! I sure would like to here how that works for you. Why don't you take some photos and give us a full write up for the site??

Thank's
Rick

what HP jet are you using?? 50, 100??? Oh yeah were did you get it and how much did it run you? Keep us posted on the install. Later

Cost and Location

I bought it from ATLANTIC SPEED WAREHOUSE, INC. and it cost 460 and 472 after shipping. It says that it is rated at 75hp,100hp, or 125hp levels. I know a few ricers with them and they have been using them for a while on high mile vehicles and they ues dialy (not recc) and not really any problems related to the ZEX kit so far. I'll have an entire pic page up once I get it installed. Any ideas on where to mount the "Go Baby Go Switch" ??? Also, if anyone out there has any pics on installing new guaged for air/fuel and others please let me know... I think I am going to install a lighted guage cluster in the glove box. Gotta go make some $$$... zooma zooma

that will be sweet, good luck!

Autometer

I'd use autometer guages and pillar mount . I've used them before . I'd say they are the best bang for the buck . If you mnt. on the pillar other cars can see em' and say WOW !! ZEX is a great choice , easiest install .

You possibly could have the 3rd fastest X on this site :)
Its gonna be a close one.
1. Troll
2. Pur Pony
3. QuadCam/Lowd

I'm gonna be putting the ZEX kit on my S/C 4.0 soon. I'm gonna be using a 55 hp jet, which should give me about 70-80 hp at the wheels. That'll give me around 280 at the wheels! If only for a brief moment :) My 1/4 should be in the low 14s at least.

Good luck! Suggestions: get a Nitrous Express blow-down kit. Are you getting a remote bottle opener?

I'm confused ?

Alec , how does a 55 hp jet give 70-80hp @ the wheels . They (NOS) usually rate the Jet HP rating for HP @ the wheels . 55hp jet = 55hp @ the whls.

The intercooling effect of the NOS and the boost of the S/C increases the NOS benefit.

Horses...

Currently, with an electronic dyno kit (friend has one at his garage) my X has about 270hp without anything major. So, I am hoping to hit 350 with the ZEX kit... that is all I am asking. I figure with the blower and the new Performer 5.0 Intake, injectors and the new TB, I should hit low-mid 400's w/ Nitto. I really do not plan on using the NO2 unless absolutely necessary (attack of the hidden SS in the ricer pack ;-)

Here's a laugh for you all. I went to the ZEX site and read the applications for the Nitto kit and it says, "To give you that extra boost to get up a hill or while towing a trailer." Now, tell me how safe that is...

"Yeah, let's just hit the nitto switch while towing our two horses in the trailer."

"Ok kids, put your harnesses on and hold tight, daddy's gonna flip the switch."

Anyone, got any more?

Cool

Alec , I did not know that . Hehe , LP , Nitto is a tire Brand .

Yeah, I know...

We used to call nitrous kits nitto kits when I lived in NY. NItto, hmmm, gonna have to check into them. I had their tires on my Merkur and they were awesome. New idea.

It's IN!

To all... I finally got the ZEX nitrous kit in but I did run into a few minor problems. The directions that came with the kit are very generic so hopefully once I get these last two vaccum hoses connected, I will be able to write up a fully report on how I installed the kit and some results. Got two questions for you all... From the actually control box for the nitrous kit, I have one line that is supposed to connect to the Fuel Pressure regulator and an intake hose that connects to the intake manifold. I have not really gotten into it too far as I got ran into a million other problems with the installation of the kit... had to get some little parts for my custom K&N intake and then my battery finally died... had to pickup some new spark plugs that had better grounds on them for the nitrous (Bosch Platinum 4) and a couple little things but I am up to where I have to connect these two hoses. I am going to complete this tomorrow so if anyone could give me some heads up as to where I need to connect these lines (help blk/pur!) I would greatly appreciate it. I am just not sure whether to put a t connector inline or what. Thanks guys!

Done!

Well, everyone, I got the CC ZEX Kit installed on my truck. I do not want to mess with it until my tires get in which should be Monday. I know that many of you have been wondering about the Kit for some time so while I am working on an install page, I will give everyone the link to my server so you can see the pictures of the kit and it's installation. I had the bottle filled at $4/lb but I am sure that I can find better... just wanted to check all the lines and purge the system. Until the site is done... here you go:

Competition Cams ZEX Nitrous Kit #82015

ZEX Kit Installed on The Beast

Enjoy and I'll make sure to inform Rick when I get the install page done. Godspeed!

I just ordered my kit today. I should have it in about 2 weeks, and it will probably be installed by New Years. I got ZEX kit 82011, a NX blow-down kit, and a bottle pressure gauge. It ran me $600 and change. I can't wait!

BTW, I'm gonna rig up my own activation switch. The ZEX kit uses the TPS to measure WOT. So, I'm gonna rig a switch similar to the arming switch that turns on and off the input from the TPS to the ZEX module. That way, I can have the kit armed and pressurized, and activate it only when I get up to about 2300 RPM to save the engine and drivetrain. I'll keep y'all updated!

Lowdpypes, most of the pics on your page are broken. I think it's because the file names have spaces. Suggestion, take out the spaces and redo your html.

links...

Is anyone else having problems accessing the pictures?

I am also having problems wirth the last half of pics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back