• Register Today It's free!

Zion Interior/Exterior Coating

entinnovations

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 EB V6 4x2
I just bought a 2007 EB and was talked into getting the Zion(spell check?) coating. Does anyone have this and what are your thoughts on it.

I know its a way to boost profit at the dealer, but I paid 1K under invoice and got a 3K ford rebate. EB with moon roof for 25K +Tax, Tag and Title.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I suspect you won't like my thoughts. But, here goes anyhow.

First of all, Ford doesn't recommend any type of treatment for their leather interiors. If it is cloth and you are tough on the interior then I suppose it would be OK. As good as a can or two of scotch guard.

As far as the exterior coating, it is likely a polymer sealant. If they prepare the surface thoroughly and properly, it can last up to a year, assuming you wash it carefully (hand wash, wash mitt, quality car wash soap, microfiber towels). An automated car wash will strip almost anything off in a few months.

Personally, I use 4 star Ultimate Paint Protectant applied with a Porter Cable 7424 DA buffer. One bottle can do about 10 cars for $20. Nothing I have ever seen works better or is easier to apply/remove.

On a new vehicle I would wash it thoroughly and possible use a claybar on the horizontal surfaces, if necessary. Then apply the sealant. Maybe a second coat a week later.

If you did not want to do it yourself you could probably find a good local detailer to do it for a couple hundred.

Probably not what you wanted to hear.

Just wanted to post that he actual name is Xzilon and apparently uses molecular adhesion.

Boeing has tested it and uses it to coat their airplanes.

www.xzilon.com

As long as you are happy that is what counts. Keep us informed on how it holds up.

Entire body, wheels(break dust just washes off with hose), floor mats, carpet, leather seats

5 yr warranty... will remove any stains from seat within 5yrs or replace the leather.

Back