• Register Today It's free!

ZNathan130's Intro

ZNathan130

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
This summer, I bought a 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L OHV. At first, I was unsure of the vehicle, but thanks to all the EF guys, I am confident in the potential this vehicle contains.

Edit: I CHANGED MY MIND!

In light of the family's raising need for a large vehicle, but good economy, I will attempt to be my own version of Aldive's "Mileage Monster". I plan to log a LOT of highway time on this X, so creature comforts are the name of the game.

Some mods that I plan to perform: (probably in this order. Write-ups will follow for 5 & 6)
1) Complete fluid flush and tune up
2) Hardwire Inverter
3) Auxiliary Gauges for trans, oil, coolant, etc.
4) HO Alternator
5) Dual tank conversion
6) SOHC/5R55E conversion

Will make updates as things happen.

Pictures when I get home Sunday.
Recommendations are welcomed!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome znathan

Any pics man? Sounds like it's pretty cool.

And welcome to the site.

Thanks guys! I've got some old pics that were taken in the dark from when I first bought it, but nothing that lets you see it real well. I'll take some more sunday when im back in Indiana.

Sorry for the crappy night pictures, good pictures in the next few days.

zmm8ia.jpg

2edb1aq.jpg

Sorry for the mess, I had just gotten back from a 14 day trip, and my dad decided to put 1600 miles on my truck for work. Despite his work truck sitting next to mine every day... (His Ranger has 300k miles. lol) <----My SOHC donor vehicle!

Back