• Register Today It's free!

Zune

Josef86

Reaction score
City, State
Merrimack, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
I never thought I would be posting anything about the zune.....

Anyway, my freind was eyeing my unused sub and amp. I was joking around that I would give them to him if he gave me his zune. He said okay and the deal was done.

How would I go about using this on the deck I am getting soon? Its the Alpine 9886. It has a usb as well as an aux in. I don't know anything about the zune, so I am kind of blind here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, would I still be able to use the USB to charge the zune?

I have a Zune...1089 model...I love it.

I've got a Zune 8gb that I scored for $60 from some dude my friend knew. Looked brand new, kinda think he stole it, but I don't care, it works for me. I love it except for the fact you can only sync it on the computer with the Zune software that I hate. Why can't Microsoft comply with their own PlaysForSure regulations?

I hate how all the mp3 players have to have their own software installed for it to work, ipod - itunes, zune - whatever new abomination microsoft has out, I got a creative unit in hopes I could just put songs on it like it was a usb drive but nope have to use their software.

one set of those RCA female ends is the aux input

wal-mart has a very nice 7 foot cord like that for 14 bucks.

radioshack as a cord like that for less than 10 bucks

Okay, looks like radio shack is the way to go with the cable. My next step is trying to figure out a what for everything to look nice. I am thinking of making some kind of dock but not sure how yet, kind of like my sirius. The Zune will be the controller, but the deck does only the sound.

I must say this thing is pretty cool. I would rather have one of the newer Ipods, but I can't complain since all I paid for it was the sub and amp I had been trying to get rid of.

Okay, would seem the aux in for this unit needs an adapter that uses the cd-changer port.

Back