zymol | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

zymol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what I've heard, Zymol is something that is advertised to be great but severely overpriced. Havent really heard any complaints about it as far as how good it works, just that it is way overpriced. I've seen Zymol'ed cars before and they look nice. For long lasting protection I like to use a cheap bottle of NuFinish from Walmart, does a great job for 5 bucks. But for a shine that will not last as long, I like to use Mothers Carnauba Cleaner wax. I dont even bother with Turtle Wax anymore, but I hear some good things about their newest wax, Emerald Series or something like that. I want to try some Meguiars wax too, I've got the scratch remover, QD, Leather Conditioner, etc. All great products, so one of these days I'll try some Meguiars and see how it stand up against Mothers. But back to your question :) I think 14 dollars for a bottle is overpriced when you can get Meg., Mothers, and other good products for around half that price. But heck, give it a whirl and tell us how it goes ;)

Originally posted by 95ExplorerLtd
From what I've heard, Zymol is something that is advertised to be great but severely overpriced. Havent really heard any complaints about it as far as how good it works, just that it is way overpriced. I've seen Zymol'ed cars before and they look nice. For long lasting protection I like to use a cheap bottle of NuFinish from Walmart, does a great job for 5 bucks. But for a shine that will not last as long, I like to use Mothers Carnauba Cleaner wax. I dont even bother with Turtle Wax anymore, but I hear some good things about their newest wax, Emerald Series or something like that. I want to try some Meguiars wax too, I've got the scratch remover, QD, Leather Conditioner, etc. All great products, so one of these days I'll try some Meguiars and see how it stand up against Mothers. But back to your question :) I think 14 dollars for a bottle is overpriced when you can get Meg., Mothers, and other good products for around half that price. But heck, give it a whirl and tell us how it goes ;)

What are your thoughts on Zaino products?

Thanks.....

I plan on getting some zaino soon, probably this spring because its starting to get really cold. I am using the meguires gold class now (wax, rim cleaner and leather conditioner) no complaints

Al, I havent ever tried Zaino so I cant really give you any thoughts. Once I can afford it I might give it a shot.

:D I use Zymol with a passion. Ever since I read the article in Consumer Reports, I tried some and won't use anything else. I have heard about the Zaino, but you have to order that stuff. True the price is a little expensive (I paid about $12 for my bottle) but it is a pretty large bottle and lasts a long time. I just haven't found a product to make my Explorer look that good. I would for sure say to try it. You won't be sorry.

I just tried out zymol for the first time on my F-150 when I ran out of the "usual" stuff. I liked how it went on and so far it seems to provide an excellent coat of wax. The shine was pretty good, not really as good as I'd hoped :).
I'm going to try some Zaino when this bottle of Zymol runs out.

FYI, the Zymol stuff you find at Target, KMart, etc isn't "real" Zymol. It's actually stuff made and packaged by Turtle Wax but with the Zymol name. And, of course, I recommend you use Zaino anyway. :D

peace

Mike

Originally posted by Mike 92 XLT
FYI, the Zymol stuff you find at Target, KMart, etc isn't "real" Zymol. Mike

Pray tell, why isn't it "rea;" and what is it then?

Thanks....

This is the running order of the best waxes as per Consumer Reports

Zymöl Cleaner Wax $16.00 16 oz. Liquid

Prestone Bullet Wax 7.25 16 Liquid Unique, handy applicator.

Nu Finish Car Polish 6.22 14 Paste —

Armor All Car Wax 5.57 16 Liquid —

3M One Step Cleaner Wax 39006 6.46 16 Liquid Less prone to staining trim than most.

Turtle Wax Emerald Series Advanced Liquid Wax 8.40 16 Liquid Comes with applicator.

Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell Car Wax 3.06 16 Liquid —

Nu Finish Car Polish 5.98 16 Liquid Manufacturer recommends a second application after 30 days for maximum protection.

Eagle One Wet Polish and Wax 9.61 16 Liquid Comes with applicator.

Blue Coral Cleaner Wax with Swirl Remover 6.16 16 Liquid —

Turtle Wax Express Shine Spray Car Wax 4.88 16 Spray Can be used on plastic trim.

Meguiar's Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Car Wax 9.95 16 Liquid Comes with applicator.

Mothers California Gold Original Formula Cleaner Wax 6.07 16 Liquid Less prone to staining trim than most.

Rain-X Ultra Wax 7.51 16 Liquid Comes with applicator.

Armor All Spray On Car Polish 4.82 17.5 Spray Less prone to staining trim than most.

Meguiar's Cleaner Wax 5.69 16 Liquid —

Turtle Wax Finish 2001 4.25 16 Liquid Manufacturer recommends a second application after 30 days for maximum protection.

Blue Coral Self Wax No BuffCar Wax 3.87 16 Liquid Less prone to staining trim than most. Discontinued, but may still be available.

Meguiar's Deep Crystal System Step 3 Carnauba Wax 5.35 16 Liquid Less prone to staining trim than most.

Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Wax Phase 3 8.84 16 Liquid Less prone to staining trim than most.

Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell Car Wax 3.10 14 Paste Comes with applicator.

Mothers California Gold Original Formula Cleaner Wax 7.62 12 Paste Less prone to staining trim than most.

Meguiar's Quick Wax 7.18 16 Spray Can be used on plastic trim.

The Wax Shop Super Glaze 8.34 12 Liquid Can be used on plastic trim. Requires 10 minutes to dry.

Turtle Wax Emerald Series Advanced Paste Wax 8.28 12 Paste Comes with applicator.

Meguiar's Cleaner Wax

If anyone else wants me to look something up let me know!! I have a subscription to Consumerreports.org

I used the Zymol on a regular basis years ago. I found it left a decent finish, but was a PITA to take off. Now the only wax/polish that will touch my Ex is Zaino's.

I got some, going to try it out before the temp goes way down. We are fortunate to be having 50-55 degree weather but that is going to change in a few days so i'd better get waxing. It says it is made with "all natural ingredients" also. My boss just got another car too. Now he has a red, a white, and now a silver car..all saturns. I told him he should've got a blue one, it's the patriotic thing to do :) He keeps them in FLAWLESS condition. He washes them all the time and always waxing. I work in a warehouse so I told him to just order a shipment of zymol and they can drop it off on the dock! :D

I use Zymol on my Caddy and swear by it, it really brings out a deep shine. But then I keep it covered in a garage and don’t drive it often. I’ve used Zymol on my X and found that it does not hold up well outside. You have to reapply it often.

Gimp, my friend, what kind of longitivfity do you get with these rather expensive elixers?

Have you compared the shine and durability of these to Zaino?

Thanks....

If one has to reapply often, how does that equate with good?

What I ment was that I like it on my Caddy because it garage kept and is only out on weekends. I only wash it once every 6 to 8 months or so. It gets that Zymol once a year. I would not recomend it for use on a daily driver.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gimp, is there a huge difference between pinnacle paste glaze and souveran wax? I bought some paste glaze but don't know if I should spend $70 for some souveran.

Back