Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide
Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" - View Single Post - 2nd Gen Rock Sliders

View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #17
turboexplorer
Elite Explorer
Eagle Mountain, UT

98' XLT 5.0L 4X4

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
So I thought that I would post up and tell you that i haven't given up on the sliders I have been wicked sick this last week and also trying to find a front end grumble on my truck. But I did get some things done on the sliders I got all the mounting stuff measured up. I place down here cut the 1/4" medal plate for me, sheared it. Then I took it to my press and drilled all the holes for the mounting bolts. So next step is to weld the nuts to half the plates then bolt them on loosely so that they hang from the frame if that makes sense then I'll put in the small plate on the bottom and clamp the plates together on the bottom and then weld it up take the bolts out and drop the plates to weld up nice and clean up then bolt them back on and hold the bars in place with a fork lift then can work on the braces that will go between the two So slowly but surely.

-1979 Trans Am Sold 11/2/13
http://www.explorerforum.com/photopo...5/May_2013.jpg

Last edited by turboexplorer; 04-22-2013 at 08:22 PM.
turboexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote