Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide
Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" - View Single Post - 75mm throttle body for 4.0L SOHC?

View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #16
celly
disturber of the peace
calgary

99 eb 5.0 awd

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used both the Ford Motor Sports and BBK offerings on my old SOHC equipped Sport. Yes, I did get rid of the comb. I noticed no difference except that my cruise control was screwy afterwards. I never did adjust the cruise at the end of the day because I eventually put the OEM TB back on before selling both TBs and eventually the truck itself. I expected more from this mod and was disappointed in the results especially when I considered how much the TBs cost.

I think there are better mods for the money. If you want to mod just for the sake of modding, then go for it, but the net gains from an upgraded TB on the SOHC are marginal in my opinion.

SCT XC2 w/Henson tunes, Flo Pro catback, EE swaybar & airdam, Morimoto HID projector retrofit (4300K), Bilstein shocks, Powdercoating by Turdle, Amsoil everywhere, other stuff.
Quote:
I didnt even waste my time to read that, nor will I, however I read some of it.
I, I, I, Me! Me! Me!,
Craigslist Scams for Dummies, Don't Be a Wannabe.
celly is offline   Reply With Quote