Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide
Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" - View Single Post - 75mm throttle body for 4.0L SOHC?

View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #17
CDW6212R
Elite Explorer
Knoxville, TN

98 Mountaineer A4WD

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
I was hinting that the gains from any changes to blend the entry will be about the same whether you make a spacer or not. That's why I suggested that first you take the old TB off and see the actual size difference. I think if you just spend five minutes on the plastic intake and keep it clean, the results will be the same.

Brad is right, not much will change except WOT and after a good wideband tuning of the PCM. Not many people have done all of that, and of course the change is so small it can't be really felt. No one compares before and after times either. But logically it should help a little, I know, prove us wrong so we can stop doing it. Regards,

Be American, Buy American (Manufacturer)

Last edited by CDW6212R; 07-03-2013 at 07:31 PM.
CDW6212R is offline   Reply With Quote