Redline Tuning Hood Quicklift for 2nd Gen-Now Available! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Redline Tuning Hood Quicklift for 2nd Gen-Now Available!

The shocks in this kit took all my weight to compress-which they recommend you do before installing them. And, their fitment alone will set your truck apart from the rest.

I don't know how you did that. You've got a bad back and managed to compress them. I'm a fat bastid and couldn't. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He's "wirery." What movie is that phrase from(Gene Hackman)?

I don't know how you did that. You've got a bad back and managed to compress them. I'm a fat bastid and couldn't. :D

My down is working a little, it is my up that gives me trouble.

You should have seen me before. ;) I had trouble with all relationships because I wore everyone down. I am about 20 percent of what I used to do. :(

The redline ones are about a million times stronger. The factory ones just aren't big enough to hold the hood up and they fail. And the replacement factory ones usually don't last more than a year before they give up too. And the last thing you want to do is have the hood come crashing down on your head or hands.

ive only h ad my explorer for a few weeks but its 9 years old and hasnt fallen down on me yet.

ive only h ad my explorer for a few weeks but its 9 years old and hasnt fallen down on me yet.

How do you know the struts are original if you've only had it a few weeks?

My install (thanks to Turdle for doing the actual work):

Redline_Strut_2.jpg

Mine is arriving today. :D I went with the 'plus' kit - I liked the black look and trying to save a little money as well.

I will have pics of the install as soon as I can.

We're not saying they'll fall every time, just that they wear out quickly and aren't really as strong as they should be.

so true.

I replaced my struts just a couple years ago.

checking my oil last weekend, damn hood fell closed on me (luckily I wasn't in the middle of pulling/reinserting dipstick or anything). And I don't get under the hood THAT much.

Just ordered my MAC intake. Looks like these might be my next move. I've always been nervous about those wee little stock struts holding that big hunk of metal up. The leverage just doesn't seem to be on their side. I've been wondering about installing a manual prop stand like most cars have, but these seem way cooler. But I need to buy a center punch and a rivet gun. Oh no, I have to buy more tools. :D

But I need to buy a center punch and a rivet gun. Oh no, I have to buy more tools. :D

That's exactly how I looked at it, hahaha. More of a motivation than a deterrent. :D

I hope to have these done by the end of the weekend, but my truck is going in for inspection tomorrow, and it's likely not going to get a clean bill of health, so I doubt I'll get a shot to install until Sunday...

Installed. Took very little time - very simple and straightforward instructions.

Verdict: This kit kicks ASS! I can't believe how strong they are, and it is an absolute pleasure to have my hood just spring up and stay there. Good call on these, Celly. :D

:D

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

Nice.

Sweet. They look mean in black. :thumbsup:

ttt

ttt since I've seen a few hood strut queries lately. No finer aftermarket strut setup fo 2nd gens. :)

Just in time for Christmas. I got this email tonight. No need for another set, but sharing the love. These struts rock and worth every penny to me.

Go here for a 20% off offer, only to 12/31.

I really wanted to take my Pathfinder up to Redline this year to be the prototype but couldnt swing it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just in time for Christmas. I got this email tonight. No need for another set, but sharing the love. These struts rock and worth every penny to me.

Go here for a 20% off offer, only to 12/31.

Thanks Brad, those are high on my list for my truck. I'll get them this month then.

Back