How to: 3rd Gen BODY LIFT. Install. | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

8vp53p.jpg

2l9lfyh.jpg

9u7ko0.jpg

2h7gkk1.jpg

2m7hxlk.jpg

23jpf2b.jpg

2l9qvpw.jpg

2quiudk.jpg

1zltcvp.jpg

90zxjk.jpg

o59x0y.jpg

29v0yvk.jpg

2j5gcuo.jpg

2j5gcuo.jpg

29xy7p3.jpg

24c9ph0.jpg

24e9y77.jpg

dx02gy.jpg

do they make a 3 inch body lift for the 3rd gen?

Yes. Buy a PA-883 and start on Page 1 of this thread...and don't start on your build until you have read all the way through it! In fact, the member right above you posted some extra pictures to help walk through the install.

Read the thread.

Could someone post up pictures of their rear bumper with a class III/IV hitch? I have the stock class II and and aftermarket class III hidden hitch mounted below. I'm thinking about taking the plunge and trying to body lift the Aviator (would this be the first one? also, am I nuts?)

I'm pretty confident it will work fine, the last thing I'm trying to do my homework on is the rear bumper/hitch. I need to be able to tow and flipping it just seems silly to me. I'd rather trim out some of the plastic and foam and/or cover the gap. Potroast I see you mentioned you just trimmed out the bumper for yours, could I get some close up pictures of how it looks now? Thanks

Here is what i'm working with:
IMG00010-20100320-1237.jpg

hey zpaperboyz excellent write up...... i've been thinking of adding a body lift to the spacers....

It really improves the truck on so many levels. Go for it I say. It takes a bit of time but isn't overly hard to do.

hey guys.
how hard would it be for a 17 year old with a little experience with cars to put a body lift on.

hey guys.
how hard would it be for a 17 year old with a little experience with cars to put a body lift on.

Age doesn't matter, tools and mechanical inclination do. There's an extensive guide here with plenty of pics and members who have done this lift...so as long as you can read some tips and follow the directions we posted here, you should be good to go! :thumbsup:

ok cool thanks. ill be getting my body lift over the summer i cant wait

Aviatorguy

ill take a pic of my class III tommorrow....it flips over like the class II...i dont know why so many people say it couldn't/wouldn't work...

2007 body lift help

i am having a hard time getting all the bolts loose on my 2007 explorer. the front and rear were easy the other is what im having probs with. i cant find anything to hold the "pucks" in place while i turn the bolts out. any recomendations? the middle two are hidden on top of the frame and really hard to get to. thanks for any help.

Aviatorguy

ill take a pic of my class III tommorrow....it flips over like the class II...i dont know why so many people say it couldn't/wouldn't work...

It isn't that it doesn't flip over...it's the fact that the Class III has tow hooks so you have to cut out foam inside of the bumper in order to flip it.

...Or you could do what I did, and just leave it....and lift the truck....it works fine. I have a Class III factory hitch, I didn't touch it.

i am having a hard time getting all the bolts loose on my 2007 explorer. the front and rear were easy the other is what im having probs with. i cant find anything to hold the "pucks" in place while i turn the bolts out. any recomendations? the middle two are hidden on top of the frame and really hard to get to. thanks for any help.
I used pipe wrenches to hold the pucks.

Just to let everyone that is interested in doing a body lift know that a one and a half inch body lift is possible with very minimal modification here are my results, this is my ex with a Roadbully lift and a one and a half inch body lift.

Photo-0008.jpg

How do you achieve a 3" in the front and say 2" in the back using this method, if possible?

I would think not possible.

JSHaag, is the 1.5" RB lift all you did? or did you add spacers or something? Because that looks like more than 1.5"

Sorry, I misread your post. I understand now, but I don't know how to delete this post now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JSHaag, is the 1.5" RB lift all you did? or did you add spacers or something? Because that looks like more than 1.5"

Sorry, I misread your post. I understand now, but I don't know how to delete this post now.

I have 2.5 inch roadbully spacers in the front and 2.25 in the rear, plus I also have a 1.5 inch body lift..

Back