• Register Today It's free!

Please help! Easy wiring question

RichSport94

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
I just installed a pair of Pioneer speakers in the front door of my truck. I checked out the Haynes manuel and showed nothing about positive and negative wires. It just showed where the wires go and what color they are. Well I just figured I will try the speakers one way and the other. To my surprise they worked either way I would hook them up. They work great and sound great. Did I F&$K up or will they be alright? If not please tell me what color is negative and positive for the front to check if I got them right. I am planning to do the back too so if you don't mind through those in too. Oh Yeah I threw out the Pioneer box and forgot which wire is positive and negative. I know that on has a wider connector and the other is skinnier.

Please help!

ok, here it is:
Front:
left (+) - orange/green
left (-) - blue/white

right (+) - white/green
right (-) - green/orange

Rear:
left (+) - pink/green
left (-) - brown/yellow

right (+) - orange/red
right (-) - black/white

on the wires that came with the speakers the wire with the wider connection is positive and the smaller (skinnier) connection is negative.
hope this helped, turner

Thanks a lot. Quick response. I owe you one.
Thanks!

hum...just noticed you have a '94...i have no clue if there's a difference b/t the '93 and '94 wiring...but why would they change it? hope it's right...if it's wrong...i went to an audio store and they told me the wire colors...later, turner

Back