PARAGON ! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PARAGON !

great

well I'm going to try to make this.. I have to call and see if I can switch some things around for the job....hate to ask so many damn questions..but since pre registration is required,,,does that mean that the first 200 that are registered or the first 200 that show up?.. I don't know if I can make it on the Fri.. but I think I could make it for Sat and Sun...

Yeah yeah let's all feel sorry for Tom who may be laying on the beach somewhere....

Thanks again
Karol
explorereb96@ford-trucks.net

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

first 200 rgistered ...but they will never get that many ...dont worry .... the campground may fill tho ....yes it is wheeling all 3 days :) ... so you can take it easy the first day and work your way up if you want

as for the address ....i dont think it has an address ....but here are the directions to red ridge campground ....you have to register for the run there so you should go there first... they can give you directions to wherever you are staying (if somewhere else)

take 476 N (blue route to the northeast extention)
to exit 33 (allentown) onto I 78 west (used to be 22)
to fogelsville to 100 N
to 309 N (tamaqua )
right onto 81 N
to exit 40 ( ramp divides ....go straight)
onto 924 S for aprox 10 miles
pass "eaglerock" (will be on your right)
go right at Y
into oneida/nuremburg
left at the stop sign
pass a texaco
pass cove's
watch at the foot of a hill make a left on millersville rd
camp will be on your right

Hey Tank if i remember correctly we just show up to the camp site and you dont have to make a reservation am i right?

Paragon!!!

Just sent in the registration for my son (10) and me. The way I figure it, the truant officers won't leave NJ to track him down for a single day... besides, it is a practicle lesson in applied physics. I will probably be a real bad influence and allow him to miss school on the Friday as long as his homework is up to date, otherwise we will have to only do two days :[ However, I don't dare tell him that until the time is near or he won't sleep nights because he (as if I am any better) gets so worked up!

My vehicle just started making the wrong squeeking noises (want to bet on the u-joints?). I called my local garage, and it looks like they can have somebody there after hours to help us do it mostly ourselves, which is a GREAT thing. Sure beats plugging more memory chips into this computer....

Tank, and anyone else, Is it possible to come up there friday night?? or really later thursday night 12midnight or so, cuz i have school thursday but i could leave from here at 7 or so, but, then a 6 hour ride to make it there thursnight, So my question is, will they just let you join in. Like im thinking of comming up friday night and then wheelin sat and sun, do u know if they let u? # to call and ask??

ok first .... j91 ...normaly you dont need reservations but if they get anywhere near that 200 mark the camp will be full long before we get there.....

next ....yes you can come up friday morning ...or late friday night but you would have to stay at a hotel because the camp office closes around 9:00 .... as far as wheeling you can just do one day and go home that night ....i dont know if they would drop the price for you tho ....the number is posted somewhere earlier in this thread

Well now I have to work with the powers that be to make sure I have off that weekend.. I guess I have to make hotel reservations since i don't have a tent (yet). Hope to see you all there....I may just bring both of my kids...I don't think I'll be there friday..I'll just have to do Sat and Sun

Karol
explorereb96@ford-trucks.net

its always darkest before the dawn

at least i hope it goes that way..... well the good news is that i decided to mount the m12000. it is a realy good winch and since i am making the mounting bracket myself i can mount it however i want, and the first machining operations went awesome .... i engraved in 2" high letters " TANK " over where the roller fairlead will go and on each side facing the front i engraved a tank graphic....if you have ever seen the COMMAND ENTERPRISES sign it is the tank from that ....

now the bad news ..... i just spoke with the service manager at the dealer and there are alot of problems ... some are from extreme wheeling others are just wear. but the end result is a $3,000.00 bill to get her back on the road, and that does not include the extras like the $3,000.00 bill to fix the heater and a/c. .....so i dont know what im gonna do...i dont have 3k to drop out of nowhere so ..... this may be the end of the tank .... i will keep you posted

Paragon 9-29/30 and 10-1

Just swapped u-joints to a greasable type. The old ones started squeeling worse than normal after the last trip to Paragon (that brown mud is like epoxy once it is stirred up...should have done some more rocks afterward to bang it off).

Only 9 more days until a three day outting. Can't wait!

WEll im just about all set. This weekend i finished up my bumper, put in my new battery, and rancho 9000's. All i have left to do is clean the air filter and tie down the battery somehow, then....... paragon here i come!

I am planning on getting up there around 4:00 on Thursday to set up camp. If i dont talk to you guys before i leave have a safe trip and i'll see yous up there.

The powers that be..

Well I know I won't be there on Friday but I'm going to try to make it there by Sat a.m. or afternoon.... Is anybody doing any wheeling on Sunday or is everyone planning to leave by then? Did anyone see this?

http://www.centralpaoffroadpark.com

there is going to be an SUV Jamboree in Fall of 2001...

Jim.. did you get your pics back yet? Would love to see em... I have to remember never to give my kids the camera...ever again..

Is there a place where everyone is meeting up? My kids are psyched and can't wait even though I will probably have to stick to the stock trails... Well I hope to see you guys up there...

a sad farewell

well guys the tank is gone ... i wasnt about to put up the 7k pricetag to get her back up to par.

the good news is i traded her in for another hummer ...the new tank.... it is verry sweet ....almost too sweet... i wont be doing the harder trails for a while but will definately still do the paragon trips ....

unfortunately im 97.5% sure that im not going to make it this weekend... i have to drop the new tank off wed night and they are going to switch my optimas and wheels and tires on to the new tank...also they threw in "because after seeing the old tank they said youll NEED it" driveline protection ...its like a cage that protects the entire drive line and evrything else.... i also still need to mount the winch, get a new cb, and make the wheel covers.... the only thing that they changed and i DONT like is they changed the rocker panels to aluminum .... so now i need to make a steel runner plate to protect the underside (cuz i really use them ) ........ well im gonna go .....if i dont make it this weekend ill catch you all on another trip !

Tank--

Still one of the black ones, or did you get yellow to show off the dirt more?

We will miss you this weekend, but expect to see you crawling up walls in the spring!

Interested in a pine barrens trip late October?

black again

yeah ....its another black one .... now im only 95.2% sure that im not going ......

well just for anyone who may care here are a few more specs on the new tank ........

98' wagon, black with grey interior
6.5l turbo diesel, k&n filter , and maby a power chip before i see you all again
the dealer is going to put my 38.5x14.5x16.5swampers on my 2pc steel wheels with bead lock..on the new tank thursday.
air horns, 6cd changer with 8 speakers, ctis, aluminum rockers, drive line protection, optima batteries, wired for piaa lights ( i will put the lights on when i get my new heavy duty wrap around brush guard ) , and am waiting for my roof rack.

mmmmmmmm propane

i did keep the propane charger and all from the old tank....but dont think im going to find a place for the tanks on this one ....so im going to try to sell it i think.

by the way yesterday i tested my 0-60 ...in the old tank (even with the propane) it took 30 seconds 0-60 ...in the new tank with the turbo diesel (didnt put in the k&n, didnt do the exhaust work, and didnt do the power chip yet) and got a time of 19 seconds ... its a huge difference ....i cant wait to see how it reacts to the giant hills on the way to hazelton.

also ...i will hear from the dealer today ....he is getting me a deal on a heavy duty wrap around brush guard...and if it is a direct swap ...he will put the steel rockers from the old tank on the new truck :)

OUCH !!!

well i just heard from the dealer ....... it would take 8 hrs to switch the rockers .....and at 95.00/hr i think ill pass ...... but thats ok ...ill just make some stainless skid plates to bolt to the bottom and if they get messed up i can just replace them ..... im still working on the winch mount design ....i have a new idea that i really like ...make the entire mount from 1" dia bar ...almost like a cage ..... just need to figure out the specs .... ill keep you posted

definately NOT going to make it this weekend ..... :(

oh yeah .... ill post this question other places too but.... i am looking for off road lights ....what is the best thing ? ... "not hid " 1,300.00 per light is a bit much.... my problem is some are called driving lights ...like the piia ...is that the same as something like the kc daylighters ?

have a great time !!

well guys have a great time out there this weekend ....i want detailed trail reports , pictures , and stories from the camp site !!

i got my truck back yesterday ...the brush guard is awesome !!! the driveline protection is killer. im puting in the k&n today and a pair of KC daylighters. then after work im going to radioshack to find a pushbutton switch for the airhorns.... i gave the material supervisor the cut list for my winch mount and will be bending some today and tomorow ...i expect that if all goes well it will go to the welder by the end of next week ....... im still looking for a good powder coating place locally ......

well thats all folks

hey eagle dont just read them posts ...we like to hear from you too :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Paragon

I saw several people I know, and J91FORD was up there and looking good.

I will probably have pics posted in a few days.

Camping was COLD the first night, and got better after that.

My job this week is to replace the starter that I gunked up in the mud pit. I am going to have to start avoiding some of the soupy stuff, the starters are not even lasting a year!

Back