302 Conversion. It's started. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

302 Conversion. It's started.

Well, I guess I'll call this the offcial start.

Truck broke on Sept 27 , 2000. Had a few bad experiances between now and then. Did lot's of research and am still reading everything I can on swaps.

So here's a couple of pictures to start the project.

The crate motor, No really it is......

View

Should I leave it Blue? or paint it black and add some chrome?

View

Anyway, It's a start. Hopefully next weekend, if the weather permits I'll sit it in the truck.

[Edited by Gofast on 01-06-2001 at 08:24 PM]

Flex...

Shouldn't happen, I hope. The mounts are Kaufmans and they shouldn't flex like a stock mount would do. If that happens then I'll use a brace to keep the motor from torquing. If the motor moves at all I have to worry about all kinds of things hitting eleswhere. It's a tight fit in the engine bay too.

Chaining the block...Oh the memories

What a good memorie that was. I chained many a small block to the frame. Every no and then you run across someone that chained the wrong side because they saw someelse do it but didn't know why they were doing it. I graduated to turnbuckles because they looked so much better.

More than once my chain gave away my sleeper status at the drags.

and Can you imagine a 4 wheel burnout.... I need to keep an eye out for some older tires and do that some time, maybe enter a burnout contest and try to win some money.

I can imagine a 4wl burnout. Just can't picture the d-35 holding up to one! Wow you realy had to knotch the top of the framerail. When i was having my exhaust run i ran into the same on the pass side. Only had to take a small sliver out for header clealance.

Back