Silver Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Silver Explorer

neemaghannadi

Reaction score
Does anyone have a silver explorer? If they do, can they upload a pic on this post, so I can see what they look like, because I was thinking about painting mine silver. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking the same thing. I would love to see a silver X.

How about grey????

Dead Link Removed

I don't think geocities lets you post offsite

well, mines not silver (its white), but i saw a 2001 sport yesterday that was silver. it looked amazing.

Mine was two-toned silver and red. After getting it repainted, I thought this color looked much better than the silver that it originally was, but that's just my opinion and we know how far that gets you these days :)
View

Goober, what rim offset, and width of rim do you have

I've been toying with the idea also, always thought an Explorer in Mercedes-Benz's "Brilliant Silver" would look great. Here's a silver rendition of mine I did a month or so ago, it's a little crude but you get the idea, I think it'd look great (now how to get around that $3k bill.. :)

00silv.jpg

ya i was thinking the mercedes benz silver would like really nice. Espically since I have clear fronts, and tails, and also crome bumpers and a billet grille. I'll post some pics when I get the paint done!

Originally posted by BoatsRcool
Goober, what rim offset, and width of rim do you have

They are 8" rims with 3.75" offset.

Ford is actually offering the 2001 Sport and the 2002 XLS and XLT in Silver Frost Metallic.

FINALLY...

I always thought I would paint my Ex Silver if I ever was to repaint it.

I just love all the new color naming conventions going around. I think y'all are talking about pewter (that's Mercedes silver).

My truck is listed as "Mocha Mist" on the window sticker. It's gold for cying out loud! Try telling the vallet you're driving the jacked up mocha mist Navajo and get a picture of the look on his face...

Hey guys n gals,

Here is my 91 silver xlt...I traded her for my 98 EB....
My baby still lives on thru her pics!....

Follow the link:
Dead Link Removed

Ya, there is a '91 sport that is silver around Gainesville that looks really good, w/ billet grill and painted vent visors.

Goober,
What kind of rims are those- and price if you don't mond
Thanks

Silver is by far the BEST color on a car/truck EVER. if and when I repaint my X it WILL be silver!!!
never shows dirt, scratchs, swirls.... I got my ranger painted silver in 94 and it still looks great.
And someone said something about the mercedes silver... That is the color my 93 Mustang Hatchback is getting painting as i speak right now... 2001 Mercedes Brillent Silver... awesome color!!!!!!!!

I havent had a silver car in about 20 years, my Lexus is silver and boy are you right. It doesnt show anything at all and it always looks good. The only real way you know if the car is dirty is to look at the wheels.

talkin about goofy names....my dodge is 2 tone....half silver half blue......the silver part is actually called "Driftwood" How gay is that?!?!

Riff, I thought driftwood is brown. How do they get silver from that? What is the blue called? Pistachio? :)

Poppa.. They are AR172 Baja rims and I believe they were about $110/wheel(regular), I did happen to know the guy at the place where I got them and actually only paid about $325 total for all 4.

DVS1 - That system is insane!! What kind of air dam did you have on it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holy smoking umbrellas, Batman! That IS one mean looking setup. Ever compete? What's your best SPL?

Back