• Register Today It's free!

Fast Xplorer?

jddoubleshot

Reaction score
City, State
Edmond, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport SOHC *Olivia*
I was wondering what kinda track times you guys got w/ your explorer? I know the factory SOHC runs about 16.5sec/84mph. Anyone running NOS on a SOHC engine?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Troll

347 CI Motor
Vortech SQ - Trim Supercharger
Ported Intake
Custom Cam
Canfield Heads
75 Mm Throttlebody
77Mm Pro-M Mass Air Meter
Custom 1 3/4 Inch Headers
Custom Dual Exhaust
MSD-DIS4 Ignition
Built AOD-E Transmission
Nitrous Dry Kit w/Carbon Fiber Bottle
Cobra R Wheels
Custom Cobra Hood

Last time I went to the track, I ran 15.76 @ 87. Recently I changed from stock tires to 31s though which changed my driveline ratio. Once I change my rear-end gears to compensate and with some recent tweaks to my motor, I'm hoping for 15.5 or lower.

Best time ever i have done is a 14.1 with an 8 no NOS

Originally posted by Alec
Last time I went to the track, I ran 15.76 @ 87. Recently I changed from stock tires to 31s though which changed my driveline ratio. Once I change my rear-end gears to compensate and with some recent tweaks to my motor, I'm hoping for 15.5 or lower.

How much money have you spent to do that?

Too much :)

Including power mods, stereo stuff, offroading stuff, and accessories, I probably have about $7500 in the truck above the purchase price. Power mods are about 2/3 of that.

lol jeeze thats a lota cash alec. but it does do kickass offroad right? that s/c is awesome

Fast Explorer? Isn't that an oxymoron? ;)

true that! I guess it the meaning of "fast" depends on the person. some people are never fast enough, (like me lol). :mad: but hey i'm usually satisfied with winning a race or two against a "performance" car/truck. :p

well i dont think that for most people fast and explorer go well in the same sentence but Troll's truck breaks that rule. he should be in the low 12's high 11's and way too much power at the real wheels. the explorers are not that fast but that is mainly because they weigh more then the competion like the cheerokee and most people put big tires which dont help with speed at all. these trucks can be fast you just need to do it right.

the best feeling in the world is beating crap out of a rice burner who you know has spent tons on their car and you have only done little stuff to yours LOL!:D

hell yeah iceman! its even more fun if they got a turbo or NOS running :p Most of em think they're the sh*tniz. And usually they get pissed cuz its an explorer that beat em lol

Back