Teaser for my Custom (soon to be) Modified ARB Steel Front Bumper !!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Teaser for my Custom (soon to be) Modified ARB Steel Front Bumper !!!

MidnightRebel07

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
So I came across a really cool serious offroader today and picked up some new toys to play with and customize with a bit of welding and fabrication to fit my ST.

It's an ARB Classic Winch Bumper for a Range Rover State Forest Rescue Truck. He has the 9k pound winch and lights but I only had enough money for the bumper, I really wanna get the winch from him soon.

Since I'm starting a new truck driving job tomorrow I'm stuck working on this on the weekends and maybe in the evenings if the weather cooperates.

I'll update as I go. Here's a couple teaser pictures of it now...

Sorry, deleted pictures to add newer pictures in thread...

picture.php

picture.php

Begin the droolin', LOL :eek::D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats gonna look mean!

The width is perfect, matches the frontend dead on. Doesn't look like it in the second picture though. It's a bit on the small side so I'm gonna beef it up a bit and add to it. Finally a project worth my time. Oh yeah!!!

That second pic makes it look like its for a super duty but Im sure a lot of people will be interested in this project.

I was just getting ready to say it looks huge in that 2nd pic! Lol. Subbed. Gunna look cool! Purdue has an industrial spot welder in their metals lab... I might see if they'd let me make something sometime :D be my inspiration rebel!!

I'm going to cut it and add more steel on the front to make it match the frontend more so I can add my factory foglights as well as other. Gonna be alot of measuring, cutting, welding and fabrication in this.

Holy bumper that's gonna look mean!! subbed :)

So, what you're really telling us is that aftermarket Range Rover steel front bumpers are just a little fabrication away from fitting the Sport Trac? I'm on the hunt!

Edit: any idea what year it came off of?

What's the width of a Range Rover frame from outside to outside or inside to inside? Anywhere close to the Explorer's?

Hugh, the bumper says 1995 Range Rover. I'm gonna make the main body of the bumper bigger (taller) as you can see the size differences between the 'ST bumper and the ARB bumper. Mounty, the frame widths and sizes are damn near dead on for the ST, I know the Ex and Mounty have different front frame widths then the ST. I'll get measurements tonight after work and post them.

Hells yeah - a little extra tubing / skid plate/ a few lights / winch have your truck looking like a tank!!

You need to get added to the ZAPV list once that thing is installed :)

LOL, I was waiting for someone to tell me that.

Sorry, too tired and busy after a long day at work to pull the heavy ass bumper out of the shed to measure it. I'll definetly get them tomorrow after work. I wanna get this thing started and hopefully fully finished by no later then the end of June. I'd like to have to done sooner but I'm stuck working on it during the weekends.

I took some measurements last night. The frame mounting brackets measure 24 3/4" inside and 31 1/8" outside. It looks like it would slide right over the ST's frame ends. The outside of the bumper from end to end measures 69 5/8".

The bumper would look awesome and I wouldn't need to modify it at all if I didn't have a body lift but since I do have a body lift it needs to have the main body of the bumper extended down about 6" to take it down. I'm gonna need to figure out how and where I need to cut it aprt to section it and add 6" of frontal plate steel to fill out the front. then add some steel to the side ends as well.

If you had a ST without a body lift this bumper would fit damn near perfect.

I'll post some more pictures and info as the build goe's on.

picture.php

Got the front bumper off the truck, now time to start cutting and measuring for fitment and what needs added where. Pictures will come soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i agree with luke. ive been juiced about projects before and planned to have them done in a few weeks. then i found myself in the middle of the night measuring ****.

Back