• Register Today It's free!

Ten inch subs for the rear doors?

amjaxpc

Reaction score
City, State
Ponca City , OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT 4X4
I hear somewhere that there might be a possibility that you could put a ten inch sub in each one of the rear doors. Is that possible? :eek: If so do they have to be a certain 10 inch sub?and if there are instructions or something for instalation please let me know. Thanxs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the easiest 10" subs to install in the rear doors would be the new Blaupunkt subs. they are only 3" deep.

but if you want a hard hitting system with great SQ, get some good subs in a box and have them in the rear cargo area.

For right now i am just looking to improve my sound from stock and i don't want to take up my space in the back. I was wondering if there would be enough room in the rear doors for tens?And what would be your best suggestion for an amp, i think iam going to replace the 2 5x7's and try to put the 2 tens in the back. thanxs AJ

Which Blaupunkt subs are only 3" i can't find any of them?

the 2002 Overdrive series

i was also looking at those MTX cutom fit subs and i thought i saw earlier in another thread you said that there was some place that does ebay alot or you can go online and pay them about 185+shipping and get it, anyone know what i am talking about?

yeah, i know what your talking about. and thats what you want to do. i'm assuming you don't have the premium audio in your truck already (you don't have a sub instead of a storage place in the right rear of your truck right?) if thats true the best thing to do is to look for the custom 10" subwoofer enclosure that will fit that spot on ebay and then get a amp and sub of your choice. how much are you looking to spend? are you looking for louder music? or just to increase your sound quality?

btw- the reason you want to do this before considering the rear door is because it will rattle like nothing else you've ever heard unless you completely rebuild it with sound deadening material. also you can get better sound quality for cheaper if you use a "regular" sub instead of those flat ones. hope this all helps -drew

About the MTX box loaded for $185 - that was from hifisoundconnection.com and right now they have nothing on ebay and the website is under construction.

I hope they will be back soon because the prices were great.

If you put a 10 inch sub in the rear doors:
A. It's going to have very little airspace, and sound horrible.
B. It's going to rattle the living hell out of the door panel, and sound horrible.

I agree with Drew, if you want to make an audio upgrade without sacrificing cargo space just use the factory sub location and put a 10 in there.

BTW, I'm assuming those 3inch Blaupukts are very expensive.

Back