98 xlt/18s/clears/tint/2"lower/grill/etc | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 xlt/18s/clears/tint/2"lower/grill/etc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet looking ride... have you looked into making it more performance modded?

That is one great looking X man. Those wheels look tight as hell. Lets see some pics of the interior. You get a lot of looks with your x?

jimabena, yea actually.... the wheels/tires put a dent in my budget (im an unemployed college student), so im holding out on the air filter, cold air intake, chip, etc...... but im going ot get it no doubt

roadenforcer, thanks. i will get some more pics of the interior up this week..... showing the speaker box, amp, HU, and switches. yeah man, you wouldnt believe the looks i get... and especially since i lowered it 2".... everyone thinks i have 20s.... the stealths "chop" real well.

Looks good man.

Only one of the pictures on the page magnified when I clicked on it though, all the rest say "page not found" I just thought you should know.

How much the wheels hit you for? And what are you thinking about doing next other then intake and a chip?

the wheels/tires were a lil over $2,300.00. im not sure what else to do appearance wise..... i know i want some leather seats..... any ideas?

Ebay it up for the leather seats man! Or go to a junk yard. Thats not that bad of a price on the tires and rims, where did you get them from?

yeah, i been lookin on ebay for a while.... just tryin to find the cheapest deal i can get.
i bought the rims from a local tire shop.... they ordered them for me.... wheels/tires are both brand new.... i wish i would have bought some used 20s from ebay though..... i would have came out cheaper..... i just got aggravated with tryin to find some on ebay w/ the same fitment as explorers

Looking good !

as for appearance mods, i'd say go for an air dam and/or lower it another inch or two.

Dazsherm, looks even better lowered. Those rims look bigger on your truck than 18's, which is a good thing. :D I'd say maybe an airdam up front would add a nice touch.

Looks nice, real nice! I'd assume its a sohc? So once you get your chip and exhaust that thing should move pretty good.

You have one sweet ride

Your X looks great with the billet grill and rims and altezza's. I had an old guy come up to me and say "Is that a custom grill" I said yes, it is a billet grill that I bought and installed on my X to give it a unique look:D

hartman, yeah i think im gonna go for an airdam next... i just cant find one that i really like.. i've inquired a lot of custom shops about a body kit.... and www.andysautosports.com told they'd need my truck for 2 months and it would cost @ $3,500... so i said forget that, .... i'd rather bag it for that price. and yeah, most ppl think i have 20s now :)
im also thinking of buying a '99 front bumper and puttin it on, anyone know about the fitment?

I was thinking of getting a '99 bumper too. It will bolt right up, problem is I can only find the bumper cover for sale, I can't find the supports that you need to hold the bumper cover. :(

I'm also looking for a 99+ bumper with the chrome foglights on the sides. Better than that cheap front end I got after the accident.

Anyways, you've got one heck of a good looking truck!!

ah man! i just noticed u got some wheels. they look good! i like the gullwings. where did u get that mondera sticker? i think it said mondera.... i want to get a kmc sticker but cannot find one! im bout to start searching for a 99 bumper... i'll let u know if i find some.
also, have you noticed a lot more ppl lookin since u got those rims? :)

:D :rolleyes:

LOL yeah, people have a reason to look now that I got rims. Made a huge difference.

As for my Mondera sticker, I e-mailed them asking how much it would cost for one, they e-mailed me back asking for my shipping address. 4 days later I had two Mondera vinyl stickers free of charge. They were very cool about it. :cool:

Finding the actual '99 bumper is not a problem, it's the supports that I'm having trouble finding. I'm gonna go to the bone yard soon and see if they have any.

well i took your path, i called KMC and they are sending some stickers free-of-charge :)
about the '99 bumper.... i found one at www.bumpers.com ..... but would i only need the bumper itself? or the whole "fascia" w/ fog light assemblies, etc??? also, do xlt and sports front ends match-up?
http://www.bumpers.com/DressedBumpers/DressedFord.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dazshrem... you said you got 28% tint on the front windows. Does that match the rear factory tint perfect?
There is a lot more you can do appearance wise. I've pretty much got the same truck with the SOHC (I'm assuming thats what you have) and I put an intake, chip and exhaust on and it made a big difference. Go for it.

Back