Denver Explorers! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Denver Explorers!

Small world

I was up there last week too for work.
I drove the Ex up (get paid extra to take my vehicle) but didn't have enough time to do anything fun either.

I'm sure I'll be back before the year is up. Maybe I'll have a little notice next time so I can con some locals into showing me around.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Better Late than Never...

Hi folks,

I caught up with Matt and Heath in the gym. It takes a contact in the real world to get me to play in the cyber world. I do this stuff all day and the last place I want to be in the evening is on my computer...

So, Sorry, I have not been on the board much. I've been dealing with work, life and oh ya my explorer.

Maybe this will make up for it...:) This is a 50MByte mpg. Turn up your volumn...

http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/jsdietz/mpg/40-50-take2.mpg

I promis to have my 5.0L well documented. It came out great but it can still be better... I hope to have time to work on my website over Thanksgiving and Christmas vacation...lots-o-50-data.

Thanks for the update Joe. Good to hear from you. I'm in the process of downloading the video right now. even with my cable connection 50megs is coming down pretty slow.

Hi Rick,

Ya, my dsl is not as fast as I would like it. The mpg is just a slide show. I put it to music. I have not spent the time to cut down the size of the jpegs...I expect that is why its so big...

Legal Stuff

Joe,
What kind of legal challenges did you run into? Emissions etc...?
Rick

Rick,

I checked with Colorado State Police. The Colorado laws allow for engine swaps as long as they pass emissions. I am do for inspection in January. I'll be able to give you more details. I know Guy Groves had his 50 swap inspected and had no troubles. Passed the first time. I would suggest using the California law for your standard. Then you should pass inspection in most states.

Joe, glad to see you posting again, though that wasn't Heath at the gym with me, it was Chris (mmpc)

Joes truck willpass no problem. They will check for a CEL, a cat converter, and run it through a quick pass sniffer test.

When I did my 4.0L it burned about 1/2 the numbers the 2.9L did (MAS vs Speed density) and they never even looked under the hood!!

Colorado is trying to do away with teh emissions stations, it will simply be a drive by affair........

Hi Joe! Happy Thanksgiving! Love the video!!!!

Hey Jamie!

Transmission is doing much better. 2nd gear shifts like a street car instead of a drag car. I'm still considering an AOD-E once I see how asp84 makes out with his...

Joe have you spoke to Lynn about this stuff?
I have licked my tranny problems! hahaha moved on to bigger one's.........picked up the ARB compresser last week, installation on Turkey day! YEAH! The locker is in......

Jamie,

I have been talking to Lynn. I may have him go threw the transfer case for me. I'm not sold on him rebuilding an AOD-E yet. But I have not talked to the Baumann Engineerig folks yet...

the manual T case? Lynn is the man!!!

Hey what better time to install your manual t case then with the new AOD-e? hahahahaha just kidding....

Just let me know.........I ma here to get dirty under your truck.....

Back