NEW SCEXPLORER PRERUNNER | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEW SCEXPLORER PRERUNNER

Hey All I decided since my truck is 2wd i might as well go prerunner style. I ditched my old grill and made this new one plus I added 32's. Tell me what you think.

Before
Dead Link Removed

After:
4050prerunner2.jpg

4050prerunner3.jpg

4050side1.jpg

Dead Link Removed

Instead of buying a new center console cover I decided to change the vinyl myself.
4050interior1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes because with leather you stick to them in summer and they are cold in winter and i just think cloth is more comfortable. And If Anyone Knows How to Modify the 2" Bodylift and Lives near San Diego and wants to make some extra money let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you really want to know how to do a body lift or want to meet Jefe who has done a lot. There's a meeting this Saturday to do Coolrush's bodylift. He lives in Orange county though. THat's not that far.

Hey Ray, sweet ride bro. How come you didn't slap on 33's. Would they not fit? i see the 32's are close to rubbing on the bottom part of each fender. Have you had problems rubbing with the 32's when you went off road? I'm planning to do the Superlift 4 inch and I already have a 1.5 torsion and shackel lift. Just planning to see if 33's would be to big.

Thanks,
Raphael

SCEXPLORER, did you also paint your rear susp. parts with Rustoleum Hammered paint? Looks good, I did the same thing.

The 32's did rub when i first got them so I banged my fender with a hammer and cut the tupperware. I would have gotten 33's but i ddn't weant to have to regear so i went with 32's. Go with 33's if you got the money for new gears.

Yeah. Aluminum paint. Cheap way to get the suspension looking good. HAHAH

Looking fantastic!

Hey Ray, yeah, I'm sure some trimming will be needed with 33s. What gears do you have. I have 4.10s and it should work with 33s. Sounds like you have 3.73s. The 32s do look tight.

With the 4.10's you'l do fine. I have 3.73 and already feel the loss of power when trying to accelerate on the freeway. 32's look big enough for me. Most people actually think they're 33's. I think it has to do with the fact that they're M/T's.

I am really diggin the new bumper and when you decide to make a new one can i buy the old one???

I'm deciding whether to sell it. You would still have to make a bracket to mount it on to your frame because I used my old grill's bracket. But it isn't hard to do at all. Just need a steel plate to mount to the frame and grill.

Hey just finished my matching rear bumper it came out a lot better. Click on the link to see pictures.

Dead Link Removed

Looks sweet, but if you are going for the Prerunner look, go ahead and put the fiberglass fenders and 35's on.

I'm not knockin you truck at all, it already looks kick ass but why not go all the way.

Ryan.

TRue that! That all will soon come even a custom coilover long travel suspension. I'm not only going for the looks but function also.

Just wanted you all to check out my new bumper

Dead Link Removed

Nice. The rake is unnoticeable though. Atleast on the pictures. Sweeet, non the less!

I, too, would like to know how exactly you colored the amber top of the tails to red. I can't stand the amber at the top of my lights.

Back