Number of turns on D bars for a torsion twist | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Number of turns on D bars for a torsion twist

Andy97XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Kensington, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Frankenstein XLT
I'm getting ready to Warrior Twist on my D-bars and was wondering how many turns I might to crank them to get 1.75" of final lift.
Thanks,
Andy

------------------
'97 XLT 4Dr 4x4
Warrior Twist in the works

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Everybody gets different results when they turn their bars. You just have to get out the ol' ruler and figure it out for yourself. You probably need to lift it the full 2" and see how far they settle down after a few days. If I recall, I cranked mine all the way, then backed them off one full turn. I now have about 1 3/4" of lift.

Have fun....

------------------
1997 XLT 4.0L OHC - Lifted,
But Not Much....

I twisted mine befor up to 2 inches, then they came down, so I twisted all the way to gain a total of 1.75"

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD 5spd
Warrior Twist
www.explorer4x4.com/thaven_juan.jpg

Originally posted by felsmann
I twisted mine befor up to 2 inches, then they came down, so I twisted all the way to gain a total of 1.75"

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD 5spd
Warrior Twist
http://www.explorer4x4.com/thaven_juan.jpg

I'm ready to the twist too and i ahve a 2wd 1997 sport.
When you twist it, how many tuens di u ahve to do?

-Ray

I'm still trying to convince my wife to let me do a TT Shackle lift. I already have the shackles but the question I have is on the drivers side I have maybe 5-8 threads of the bolt showing, and the passsengers side about twice that amount. My question is how many turns with a torsion bar stamp d would it take to get 2" and keep it there?

As stated above, each vehicle is different. They all come adjusted slightly different from the factory and each bar's spring rate deminishes differently over time from wear and tear.

Wow this is a really old thread.

how much can you expect the torsion bar to drop if you go to 2 inches?

Originally posted by Big Bear Bob
how much can you expect the torsion bar to drop if you go to 2 inches?

what do you mean??

I mean people here have ssaid that they cranked out the Torsion Bar to 2" and after a short period of time it dropped to 1.5" 1.25" 1.75" etc, so with that in mind I was curious about how much a bar rated D would drop, and if it was recoverable.

Back