• Register Today It's free!

HELP!!...What hose goes here????

FordExplorer18

Reaction score
City, State
Ogden, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT
All of the sudden my explorer did not have as much power and the idle was really bad and I could hear a hissing sound.......I looked under the hood and found this with no hose on it. When I cover it the engine runs much better but still a little rough. Any ideas? Thanks

413723_24_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might be the PCV valve vac line.

If I remember corectly it should have a cap on it.

Originally posted by CADDYBILL
If I remember corectly it should have a cap on it.

Thats what I was thinking as well. I went and bought a Haynes manual and it shows some type of plug going on it but doesnt explain what it is hmmmm:mad:

Anyone else?

On our 1992.. We have a cap there..

~Mark

Its not a pcv valve, the pcv valve is what connects to that very left hose under all the mass of hoses and crap above.

Dig around, i beleive theres a vacuum hose that probably connects to that, or some hose, might have dropped behind the engine or something... just look around the engine compartment

Originally posted by Maniak
On our 1992.. We have a cap there..

~Mark

on our 94, there is a vacuume hose that goes there.

if you cant find the hose, then find a cap for it

If I remember correctly, the first gens' without egr (pre-94's) have 1 less hose than the ones with EGR... I believe the EGR hose takes the last place on the vacuum tree.

On our '92 I have 2 bigger hoses (cruise and power brakes).. then 3 others..

~Mark

I looked for a hose for about an hour today. There is nothing. I thinking this thing came with a cap and it popped off.

Like I said in the Haynes manual it shows a rubber piece covering the valve then it goes to a very thin plastic like its not even a hose...kinda like what you have on a gas cap to hold it there when you take it off. hmmm

Yeah just cap it for now.

CAP! I blew two off that spot on my old '93. Both times it was on a failed start. I didn't crank long enough, it sputtered and stalled and the cap blew off with a nasty pop. If you start the truck, let it idle (it'll be rough) then put your finger over the nipple, the idle with smooth right out. I got a free one at a local Ford Dealer on a weekend (incredibly lucky and rare). The next time it happened, I bought a pack of them (only ever used one) at an ADAP or similar.

Thanks for the help guys I guess it sounds like I will be capping it off:D

find the hose for the FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR see if it is connected, if not there is prolly a hose boot hanging behind the intake somewhere ...mine slip off all the time, at least until i bought some ZIP TIES...lol

Back