all paint DONE!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

all paint DONE!!

ok i finshed the inside of my truck tonight..i also did some other mod's well it was drying(i multi-task..lol)

here's the pic's
2004-02-16_011.jpg

2004-02-16_012.jpg

2004-02-16_018.jpg

i have a small prob tho...after getting everything put together..i have these left over..lol
2004-02-16_009.jpg

and a cool pic showing a mod i did well the paint dryed..can you find it?
2004-02-16_017.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NO the inside is DONE..trust me on this..this is the look im going for..anything else would look tacky

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

sometimes I wish my explorer was a different color besides white... then I could paint the inside to match =/. I dont think white would look that great on the inside...

As for the rock lights... that is a great idea. I have some 6" offroading lights that I took off my front and have been trying to figure out what to do with them. I'm going to have some serious 'puddle' lights =P When you say you tapped into the door light... where did you tap into it?

also, if you tapped into the door light, how are the underbody lights lit without the interior lights lit? Wouldn't the door have to be open for the underbody lights to go on? which would then make the interior lights go on....

Edit: You should seriously consider putting a fuse on those lights... they are undearth and could get hit by a rock, make some wires loose, cause a short yada yada yada.

Edit2: What do you think about having like 2 lights upfront, 2 lights in rear, and like 4 lights on each side so that the whole truck gets illuminated when you open the doors? all lights hidden from view of course...

Originally posted by hydroxy
also, if you tapped into the door light, how are the underbody lights lit without the interior lights lit? Wouldn't the door have to be open for the underbody lights to go on? which would then make the interior lights go on....

Edit: You should seriously consider putting a fuse on those lights... they are undearth and could get hit by a rock, make some wires loose, cause a short yada yada yada.

Edit2: What do you think about having like 2 lights upfront, 2 lights in rear, and like 4 lights on each side so that the whole truck gets illuminated when you open the doors? all lights hidden from view of course...

no need for a fuse..cause if anything happend's it blow's the fuse in the fuse box..so im safe there..in the pic i had the inside light's turned on with the rotary nob by the headlight's..i was thinkin of doing the whole undercarage when i get more money..rigth now i have $0..but the ligth's are only $3 each so soon i will do more and do a write up on them..i taped in to the hot wire at in the door

ok... where on earth in walmart did you find $3 lights?! I went there this morning and didn't find anything like that. Got a pic of the actual light?

im gonna go get somemore somtime..i will get pic's then..

can you get a pic of 'em on the bottom of your truck?

go to Autozone and pick-up any lights that would be to your liking and would fit your needs... I've installed puddle lights on four trucks already.... all you have to do is tap into the wire going through a channel by the door sill... under the carpet. By looking into the ceiling light fixture it's kind of easy to figure out which one it is. I cut the wire and soldered everything together and then used shrink tube to seal the connection. Second wire is ground only - find it almost anywhere under the carpet and seat. I did the same thing with floor lights installed under the dash... done that too. With wattage those lights are rated you don't need to go relay crazy... if anything you'll blow the fuse.... which is very unlikely.

Pics can be posted.... I like plenty of light.
:D

BTW - lights look nice... I'm not really a big fan of painting anything on the inside... IMHO - looks tacky. But - that's just my opinion.

well IMO the stocxk painted black part's looked tacky

"can you get a pic of 'em on the bottom of your truck?"

well the thing is i kinda mutalated this one..but the new ones i will get a pic of!

Originally posted by Ak LTD Xplorer
well IMO the stocxk painted black part's looked tacky

"can you get a pic of 'em on the bottom of your truck?"

well the thing is i kinda mutalated this one..but the new ones i will get a pic of!

Yes! Post pics of where you mounted them! I want to do this too. This might be better than the puddle lights on the mirrors because they actually light up the ground underneath the truck.

PS-This button is 10x easier to use AK!!

Attachments

• quote.jpg
    quote.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 139

Originally posted by IAmTodd
Yes! Post pics of where you mounted them! I want to do this too. This might be better than the puddle lights on the mirrors because they actually light up the ground underneath the truck.

PS-This button is 10x easier to use AK!!

i know how to use it..thank's

..im still gonna do the puddle lights on the mirrors + this so i will have her lit up!!!..puddle lighted mirror's are only $92 each so soon as i save up im getting some..then adding turn signal's to them from EE and having them painted to match..woo hoo:eek:

i could think of better ways to spend $184

and having them painted to match..woo hoo:eek:

You didn't have to tell us that :p :D Sounds like a good idea. I'd keep an eye out on Ebay for a set, might be able to get them cheaper there.

Originally posted by Billy177
i could think of better ways to spend $184

fine go spend it somwhere else..you go get whatever you want for $184 and i will get this mod that i have been wanting FOREVER!!!!

i guess sine you have only driven with your parents the horespower bug has not bitten you yet:D

i have the puddle lamps and i can tell you, you are not missing much

Originally posted by Billy177
i guess sine you have only driven with your parents the horespower bug has not bitten you yet:D

i have the puddle lamps and i can tell you, you are not missing much

LOL no i get goin pretty good..ask my dad..lol we both are lead foot's!!!..im pretty happy with the 4.0 for right now the little i have gotton to drive it..i do plan on doin gibson cat back,K&N intake,apten chip..but i want to get the out side done first..

you wanna swap mirror's then?:D

i am just the oppisate all i care about is performance if it looks good doing it than thats cool too.

whatever float's your boat..that's what makes the wolrd go round(diversety)

i just got these $3 light's at wal-mart an i grounded them out on the body and taped in to the door light..i can do a HOW TO if you would like?

Could you please do a write up... Im interested:)

OK OK,DANG soon as i get some money i will do a write up...only if i get to see your's when done ok?..lol

Back