TMH + FlowMaster = Happiness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TMH + FlowMaster = Happiness

W

WhiteLimited

So I have had these headers in my truck for about a 4 days now, got a FlowMaster 40 Series put on Tuesday. Both made a HUGE difference in performance. I am in love with sound and power, I don't drive to much so I'm still breaking the headers in. Right away I felt a HUGE increase to my power, then I added that Flowmaster and had even more. So now I have TMH...Flowmaster...Mac Intake. So with Christmas coming I will be getting my hands on a SCT programmer and that will top it all off.

I got a ton more high end and passing power I could not believe it the first hour driving. It keeps getting better as the computer is learning and adapting to the mods. Oh I can't forget my fave part! The off the line power. :salute: Cheers

Before:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Drivers side:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Passenger:

At my exhaust buddy's shop I have no tips yet or anything like that. I will get a sound clip soonly :D

All in all I'm glad I spent all this money on this! All is left is a programmer then I have finished the performance area of my truck, by the way I love the way my truck throws me back. I was going to take my truck to an open road and play with some friend but Alaska has iced over and it scares the hell out of me. So I will not be doing any stunt driving tell summer! Haha I just wanted to show you all. I have had the headers for a month now and just got them in :) Just about 4 days ago ish...:salute: Cheers

UpDate - 10/12/08

Heres roughly what it sounds like, videos distort it a little.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish I could just get Bob to return my emails...

Slowly but surely this thing's becoming a beast of a machine. Keep it up!

-Josh

WooHoo welcome to the club
I'm loving this club! The first in the big 907Alaska to have them! Well at least Alaska Explorer Forum member!

I wish I could just get Bob to return my emails...
Lame :p: It took them a long time to answer mine :salute: There really good guys!

Slowly but surely this thing's becoming a beast of a machine. Keep it up!

-Josh
Thank you thank you, I was hoping you would say something. You always, umm?? Bring up my mood when I see your reply's.

awesome......., crap now you might beat me :thumbdwn:
you should have went with the cherry bomb though

You know how hard it was to keep it a secret from you?! Hahahahahaha...I don't know when and if we will be racing anytime soon I had a few close calls the other morning on the high way with the ice and my nerves are a little shot. As for the cherry boom I thought about it, but my truck was down there getting looked over just a check up you could say and he did it all at once and it made it cheaper :salute: Cheers

hahaha ya i guess whatever works :) you X is gonna sound MEAN now...... i'm jealous

It sounds nice I did not want it to loud, I left the resignator(sp) on to muffle it a bit. When you come over next I will let you hear it and see if you think we need to ditch the resignator(sp) that would make it louder!

Very nice Danny, well done. I hope my cast iron manifolds come off that cleanly. Regards,

I'm jealous (well at least the TMH, the choice of muffler is not my cup 'o tea).

Have fun.

(hey jt, a midwest trip next summer is a possibility. Shall I get TMH to ship to KS or Canada? ;)

Thanks, I think?:salute:

Seriously, I am jealous about the TMH. It's one mod I want to do on my EB. I lack mechanical ability to do it myself and don't want to pay the big $$$ to get someone to do it for me. I'm hoping to convince jtsmith to help me some day, but Kansas is a 3 day drive from here. ;)

Flowmaster 40s are not my thing at all. Too loud, and I've got a family to haul around. My soon to be 4 year old once told me to "turn my engine down" and the Flo-Pro muffler in my rig is pretty quiet. I ended up scoring an aftermarket resonator to quieten down to my liking. :D

Hey jonny, if you're reading this, how far is your neck of the woods from Milwaukee? I've got a road trip planned there next summer. Maybe I'll do a detour. :D

Flowmaster 40s are not my thing at all. Too loud, and I've got a family to haul around. My soon to be 4 year old once told me to "turn my engine down" and the Flo-Pro muffler in my rig is pretty quiet. I ended up scoring an aftermarket resonator to quieten down to my liking. :D

Haha, Understandable! I don't think mines that loud at all :) I barely hear it. Thats just what I wanted, low and good sounding but not to loud inside my truck :salute: You have one son? Is that all? Cheers

keep up the good work danny did u get single 40 series flowmaster or duals

badass! Another great upgrade. How hard was the install for the headers? I may consider that, my truck could use a little kick in the ass. Too bad my engine bay is caked in mud. Ugh.

Haha, Understandable! I don't think mines that loud at all :) I barely hear it. Thats just what I wanted, low and good sounding but not to loud inside my truck :salute: You have one son? Is that all? Cheers

40 series are not known for being quiet is all I'm getting at. 60 series are supposedly super quiet and the 50s are much more mellow than 40. Keeping your resonator intact was a good move, IMHO. I never should have had mine cut off.

Yup, one son. Wife and I debated even having kids. Can't imagine life without one. He's a great kid and he's our legacy. We're at that point in our lives where one's enough. ;)

It's 680 miles

LOL, I know I looked it up a while ago. I know it's about a day's drive. Now if only I could convince my wife that I can take a few days from our vacation to head down to KS while we're visiting family next summer. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back