BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

Turdle

DIY stunt double
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Post your install questions here, Brandon will be sure to answer. If you have installed these your input is valued also. This thread is meant to keep the how to thread in order.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are the spacer lifts still selling for around 250.00 because im putting some money back for lift and tires I already bought the truxx lift but it ended up needing a little to much modifcation to make it fit so rather than doing a bunch of drilling id rather get a bolt on kit

Just received mine in the mail today, working on installing it over the next day or so. So exciting.

Thanks Brandon!

2.25" front spacer, 1.75" rear spacer kit

Brandon,
I just sent you an email on your website page for an order. I am still in Afghanistan but coming home next month. Looking to get a set a soon as possible so I can bang it out the first weekend I am back.

2003 Ford Explorer XLS 4x4

Thanks and look forward to hearing back from you.

Eric

Just received mine in the mail today, working on installing it over the next day or so. So exciting.

Thanks Brandon!

Thank you! when the post office told me it was just a few days, I figured I'd just ship them the cheap way, since more money wouldn't have got them to you much quicker!

Brandon,
I just sent you an email on your website page for an order. I am still in Afghanistan but coming home next month. Looking to get a set a soon as possible so I can bang it out the first weekend I am back.

2003 Ford Explorer XLS 4x4

Thanks and look forward to hearing back from you.

Eric
sounds good, I replied to ya.:)

Hello,

Brandon I will like to buy some spacers for my explorer 2002
please let my now

im very interested in these lifters and i am hoping to lift my explorer somehow soon. any help would be much appreciated

I am also interested in a set of these. Please post something when you get it figured out. What sizes are available, I would probably like to go with the 2.25(F), 1.75(R) . Does this size cause alingment problems? 2002 EB. Explorer

It's strongly recommended to have an alignment done after lifting anyways. I had mine done, did not take them long, so it couldn't have been too far off.

I am also interested in these spacers (2.5"). Where should I go to order them?

Look up on the thread........Brandon@BTF and send him an email. Highly recommended, Brandon is great on service and delivery was awesome. Can't wait to get home and put them on the ride.

you can order them through me. I highly recommend using a limit strap in conjunction with the spacers to keep the suspension from over stressing the upper balljoints. There are a lot of people running spacers that haven't had issues, but there are a few that do have issues. I think it mainly comes down to if you are using it in the dirt, or if it's more for a street truck.

the biggest spacers I make are 2.25" they will net you about 3" of lift.
I can also make them in any size you want that's less than 2.25" in 1/4" increments.

Brandon, can you send pictures, or do you know of someone who has picts of the limiting strap install? I guess my point is, where did you run the attaching points (bottom bolt of strut, but where to the top) and what length would you recommend.

Also, I noticed you made some upper control arms with zero degree joints on a vehicle...is this still an option if I decide to upgrade and will this eliminated the upper ball joint stress issues up front all together?

Thanks buddy,

Eric

G'day Brandon, looks like you haven't been on this thread for a while, but what the hell I thought I'd ask a question anyway. I'm chasing 1.25" fronts and 0.75" rears with postage to Australia, Can you help and how much would it cost? Thanks for your time and have a good one.

P.S. hope the move went well and Merry Xmas!!!

Brandon,

I am interested in your spacer kit for my '05 X but I am a little concerned that this may cause some issues with my CV axles since it seems that the spacers are changing the angle of the CV's. Have you ran into any issues with this or heard of anyone having such issues? Any info would be much appreciated. Like I said, I am extremely interested in your kit. Thank you.

Any issue with running the kit as well as taller springs? probably wouldnt go more then 2" taller then this, but curious anyway. probably not worth the trouble though as geometry will get out of whack and will have other things to worry about.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what is the word on upper control arms? I have the lift installed but would be nice to only get it aligned once rather than before and then after aftermarket control arms.

Back