• Register Today It's free!

XENTEC BI-xenon HIDs

Theguy

Reaction score
City, State
OHU
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport Trac XLS
New guy here. Sorry all, I decided to skip on the introduction. Im just too peeved right now.

Anyways, heres the story. Prepare for some pop corn.

I just picked up an 03 sport trac. Stock model. First truck. I decided that the first thing I was gonna buy was an HID kit. Since I fish at alot of cliff side places, I cant rely on halogens.

I ordered a pair of xentec 9007 6000K single beam HIDs. Without knowing that this truck uses a 3 prong for the HI/LOW instead of 1 bulb for the hi and one bulb for the low. Got the kit in the mail, tried to install it. Ive used xentec with my old honda accord and it was simple. Plug and play. This time around, it didnt work. I figured it was because of the 3 prong VS. 2 prong. Once I thought about it though, my low beams shouldve at least worked, right? They didnt. Tried both ballasts, both bulbs, nothing. Connections were solid as ever.

Contacted seller, and they sent me a new kit for free. The new kit didnt work. Then I told them I need a Bi-xenon kit (3 prong, hi/low). Got that new kit in the mail 2 days ago and those dont work. I dont know what the hell is going on.

Im using the Xentec Slim ballast, relay harness and bi-xenon bulbs. Im stuck and super annoyed. Somewhere while trying to get these damn things to hook up, my headlights decided not to work anymore. My fuzes arent burnt or anything. So not only do the HIDs not work, but now I dont even have halogens to rely on...

Help for the new guy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dont have a clue sounds like you f***** something up! i have the xentec kit and it works just fine for me. And mine has one buld for high one for low.... maybe a difference between s/t and explorer....? If not then i think thats prob where you messed something up

did your kit come with the plastic connectors or free wires to plug into the harness?

i have an 03 Mounty and my 10k kit didnt come with a connector and the first time i wired it i ended up frying the ballast. got a new kit and hooked it up correctly and they work great.

also some HID kits you buy may be reverse polarity which means you need to flip the connector upside down and plug it in

Yes, the kit came with the blue 3 prong housing that connects to the main headlight wire. I just came back from my friends house. He was able to test the power for my headlights and theres no juice running to my low beams... only my high beams are getting juice. My fuses are fine. Since I had no schematic, we basically switched around the wires so that my high beams turn on my low beams. ****ty, but its a quick fix for now.

So I guess my next question is... Anyone have connections for a PDF file of a 2003 Ford S/T schematic? hah....

9004 and 9007 bulb pinouts are different.. your plug n play harness is most likely wired for a 9004, but the trac's use 9007. the difference is that you need to switch the middle pin and the hibeam pin.

attachment.php

You have mail.

9004 and 9007 bulb pinouts are different.. your plug n play harness is most likely wired for a 9004, but the trac's use 9007. the difference is that you need to switch the middle pin and the hibeam pin.

attachment.php
I second this, for some reason a vendor will sell the 9007 and 9004 kits a 2 different kits, but they will always be 9004 configured kits no matter what is ordered.

Back