Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations"® > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer 5th Generation Explorer > Stock 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer Discussion

Notices

Stock 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer Discussion 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer reviews, problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications, Ecoboost.

A GREAT trip in the Green Gem...

Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
FordMomof3
S.E. Michigan
2013 Explorer XLT (!!!!)

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Thumbs up A GREAT trip in the Green Gem...

We did a repeat of the 300mile round trip road trip and added in another 200 miles or so this time.

This thing is a dream! I had no usb issues, no phone issues, no mft issues. I'm still getting used to the shapes of the seats - both driver and passenger - but they're just *different* than the van.

I saw many many X's on the road but not another green one

And now, my car has been to Mackinac!!

Up to about 3200 miles on the thing - I got it 4/13. So not too bad at all! Helps that I keep my mileage down during the school year.

Another really big road trip coming up (12 hours - one way) and I'm sure we'll have just as good a time.

FordMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
VinceL
Frisco, TX
2013 Explorer Limited

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Cool! Glad to hear that you are still enjoying the Explorer. It is a true road warrior to be sure. I have seen only one Green Gem here in Houston, and it was on the lot. Looks like you have a rare gem on your hands

Check out the Gray Ghost on Fuelly.com
Average Mileage: 21.3
Best Tank: 26.5
VinceL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
liratoad
Florida
'13 Ex XLT 4x4,4Rnr Trail

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMomof3 View Post
I saw many many X's on the road but not another green one .
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....I am seriously ready for our Ex to get here already! ! ! We saw that green Taurus SHO and it was like it just made it worse. We've only seen one green one up in Daytona and it was Limited, no 4WD so not right for us. Glad you are enjoying yours so much and can't wait to have two here on the forums. It's such a gorgeous color and yet no one seems to want it. Arrrrggghhh, the waiting!!
Thanks for posting the positive review FordMomof3!
-Toddy
liratoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
KanewtZ
Northern Ontario
2013 Explorer LTD

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Glad to hear everything went well.

We have a White LTD on order...figured we'd be the only ones around with it as we haven't seen any since they came out in 2011

Last night..took a bike ride with my wife, saw TWO in the Subdivision over from us. I hope they were just visiting as we are no longer unique
KanewtZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
bluex232
Iowa
2013 Ford Explorer XLT

Vehicle Specs

I agree, we just got back from our trip as well (900+ miles overall) and everything was great! We have just passed 3500 miles on ours (got it 4/11). I really like having a not so common color (ours is blue) I have only seen I think 2 green ones around here and just one other blue. Lots of white ones out there, I actually like the white more than I thought I would, really like the white and black contrast on it, but I wouldn't trade my blue for anything.
bluex232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #6
RonJrSVCMGR
Moderator Emeritus
Gilford, NH

'13 Ford Explorer Limited

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have seen almost all of the colors in our area and ours is the only one I have seen with the polished 20s and the shark fin antenna. Also, ours is the only Explorer I have seen in our area with the buckets and console in the second row because almost all of them are ordered by the dealers with the bench.

2013 Ford Explorer Limited AWD in White Platinum Tri-coat & Medium Light Stone interior. 302a package with power fold 2nd row bucket seats, 2nd row center console, power fold 3rd row seats, trailer tow package, heated/cooled front seats, Ford all-weather floor mats (summer), WeatherTech Floor liners for all three rows (winter) & Cargo Well + Cargo Liner, additional Trailer Hitch Cap modified to accommodate a Bike Carrier, dual moonroof and Visual Garage Shark Fin Antenna. Goes by the name "Storm Trooper".
RonJrSVCMGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Joe Dirt
Elite Explorer

07 Camry

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Who posts a vacation without pics!

Glad it all went well...

Old 07-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Dearborn, MI

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMomof3 View Post
We did a repeat of the 300mile round trip road trip and added in another 200 miles or so this time...This thing is a dream! I had no usb issues, no phone issues, no mft issues...Another really big road trip coming up (12 hours - one way) and I'm sure we'll have just as good a time.
That’s awesome, FordMomof3; color me jealous! You must be really looking forward to the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratoad View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....I am seriously ready for our Ex to get here already! ! ! We saw that green Taurus SHO and it was like it just made it worse...
Would you say you’re “green” with envy, Toddy? LOL JK

BTW, my tracker shows your order is still coming right along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanewtZ View Post
...We have a White LTD on order...figured we'd be the only ones around with it as we haven't seen any since they came out in 2011...
Great news, KanewtZ: I see yours just rolled off the line! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex232 View Post
I agree, we just got back from our trip as well (900+ miles overall) and everything was great!...I wouldn't trade my blue for anything.
bluex232,

This must be the perfect season for trips because everyone is taking one! It’s awesome you’re lovin’ your “Big Blue.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJrSVCMGR View Post
I have seen almost all of the colors in our area and ours is the only one I have seen with the polished 20s and the shark fin antenna...
I’m sure it’s great knowing yours is one of kind, RonJrSVCMGR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
Who posts a vacation without pics! ...
Joe Dirt,

I’m with you on this; pics or it didn’t happen!

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:34 AM   #9
FordMomof3
S.E. Michigan
2013 Explorer XLT (!!!!)

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
My goodness...you all are picky. I have pictures - just need to get them up. I'm out of the house most of today but will try either tonight or in the morning. Sheesh!

FordMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends: