5R55E bonded gasket TSB update discontinued | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5R55E bonded gasket TSB update discontinued

daisyrocky

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer
Hi everyone, decided to change my valve body gasket and solenoids since I was having the "clunk" or slight kick in the butt issue every time while approaching stoplight or stop sign. Anyway, went to 2 different Ford dealership to get the bonded gasket separator plate and the blow off valve kit which I got the part numbers off here and they said it's discontinued as of June of this year. Is there somewhere else besides the dealership or WITT(bad experience with 4R55E long story) to get these 2 items? Ebay only got the regular gasket or you had to buy the whole valve body assembly to have the updated plate. I've still got couple of gaskets I didn't use from my 4R55E but wanted the newer version. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bonded separator plate related parts

I don't know if they apply to your model but the following are still available from Tasca parts:

XL2Z 7L491 AA Plate $7.21
1L5Z 7Z490 HA PLT ASY-TRANS CONT $28.61
3L5Z 7M203 JA VLV ASY-TRANS THROT $29.08
9L2Z7G383A EPC SOLENOID $78.22

I only replaced the first three items on my 2000 Sport with 150K miles, and the filter and pan gasket. I also replaced the reverse servo O-ring with a Viton D style ring set and gasket from Transgo. See 5R55E shift saga

Thanks for the reply, they said discontinued on all 90's valve body gaskets and plates.:eek:

I'm thinking about ordering the 2000 Ex parts you provided for my 97. Can you tell me what is the first 3 parts? plate, gasket and what is throttle on the 3rd item? Thanks in advance.

I found out what the other parts are except for XL2Z 7L491 AA Plate $7.21, what is this part? Thanks.

Back