Spy

Reaction score
City, State
Abbotsford, B.C
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mazda B4000
does anyone have any info on how to bypass this switch i have a 97 mazda B4000

Thanks Spy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

While I haven't seen the switch on the '97 B series, all the explorers I've seen with a manual trans have the switch right at the top of the clutch pedal. It's a Normally open switch and when you push the clutch down it hit the switch and closes the circuit.

If yours works the same way you can just tap into the 2 wires on that switch and put in a manual switch to close the circuit. Now it'll start without the clutch being held down..

~Mark

Well I think I got it sorted, what I did was cut and spliced the two pink & pink/blue together, removed the actual switch and it seems to be working just fine, but thanks for the quick response

Another way, for anyone searching and finding this thread in the future, is to use a zip tie. Unclip the switch from the pedal arm, compress the spring inside it, and stick a zip tie through it and tighten to hold the spring in a compressed position. Same position it's in when the clutch is pushed in. Mines been like this for 10 or 12 years. If I ever want it functional again, I can just cut the tie and reclip the switch onto the arm.

I like the idea of a mod that can be readily undone. One problem that could arise with the zip tie method is, the switch is not designed to be compressed all the time. The spring could eventually take a set and not work as intended, if wanted to work again. Not a big deal though. The switch could be replaced if they are still available then.

Back