Hid | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hid

So I did that thing that everybody hates, I put hi lo HIDs in the halogen reflector as an experiment.

Surprise! The low beam works great and has a good cut off without glare.
The high beam is useless.

I'll be fitting hi lo projectors later.

What I noticed was the blue and gold refraction lines were at the bottom of the light pattern, not the top. Is this because I'm in Australia?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They work well in low beam?!
Are these stock housings or aftermarket?

They work well in low beam?!
Are these stock housings or aftermarket?

Stock Australian delivery.

Believe it or not they do work well and without scatter.
Not keeping it that way though, I'm going to fit projectors.

Which HID kit did you use? This makes me curious.

What I noticed was the blue and gold refraction lines were at the bottom of the light pattern, not the top. Is this because I'm in Australia?

Maybe you just have the bulbs in upside down.

Which HID kit did you use? This makes me curious.

I got them from ebay, the seller, hid-driving-light125, doesn't seem to have an account anymore.
I couldn't find out anything more about them.

I still wouldn't recommend them, the high beam is useless.

I got them from ebay, the seller, hid-driving-light125, doesn't seem to have an account anymore.
I couldn't find out anything more about them.

I still wouldn't recommend them, the high beam is useless.

I wanted to get high/low HIDs too give it a try. But not sure if it's worth it to take a $40 ebay risk. :p

I wanted to get high/low HIDs too give it a try. But not sure if it's worth it to take a $40 ebay risk. :p

I wouldn't again, just get projectors.

I don't know how similar our headlight shells are, mine have EXPORT stickers on them, they dip left.

The headlight lens comes off very easily without heat, just undo the clips.
It's very easy to fit projectors in there.

I wouldn't know where to source the projectors. :p

I would really prefer an LED light bar, but I can't find a grill guard to mount it on, and I can't put it on my roof.. I wouldn't fit in a garage.

Projectors are the way to go no doubt, but it takes some work, and a little bit of money, I am still trying to find a HID kit, and projector combo that I like, its really hard.

I would really prefer an LED light bar, but I can't find a grill guard to mount it on, and I can't put it on my roof.. I wouldn't fit in a garage.

What about on top of the bumper?

Projectors are the way to go no doubt, but it takes some work, and a little bit of money, I am still trying to find a HID kit, and projector combo that I like, its really hard.

When you find one Harold, let me know.

What about on top of the bumper?

It would look slightly out of place, and I've been wanting a grill guard forever now..

When you find one Harold, let me know.

It would look slightly out of place, and I've been wanting a grill guard forever now..

I have been throwing around the idea of GMC Acadia/ Buick Enclave projectors, my parts department said if I pay the core price ($50), I get the whole assembly, most of the time the stupid LED marker bulbs go out, and they can't just be replaced, you need a whole new assembly, so I get everything.

most of the time the stupid LED marker bulbs go out, and they can't just be replaced,

Challenge accepted!

Mt brother used Acura projectors in his BMW, and BMW projectors on his motorbike.

Challenge accepted!

Mt brother used Acura projectors in his BMW, and BMW projectors on his motorbike.

Go for it, You could probably ask any parts guy if he has any core returns for headlights with projectors in them, and just pay the core charge.

Back